Search Unity

Games 2D - Elemental Fallen God (Working title)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KeyGameUniverse, Jul 5, 2020.

1. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Hello everyone, it's been a while since i posted here. Mostly because of life,work and other parts of life made it hard to progress on the game. These past few weeks i manage to get back to it and made some progress.

I want to give it my all and promote this game for kickstarter. I am struggling with the art , and hiring a real artist will just make a real difference.

Anyways here is a video of the combat, i think it is very fun. It needs a lot of polish on the animations and effects and some systems are still early in development but i enjoy it. This is how it is suppose to be :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    ARLTB likes this.
  2. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Looks nice. A very different style of combat to the 2D game I am working on, but equally fun I'm sure!

KeyGameUniverse likes this.
  3. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Update 1

Will try to update every 3 weeks-1month. I will try to show mostly the highlights as the behind the scenes stuff might be boring. Btw i m more focusing on the controls,combos and gameplay. If things don't look pretty it's because they are not :) . I will update visuals once i am done with the major tasks.

Simple combo, Changed also the Damage Numbers

Radial Menu to change weapons

Using Game 2D Water Kit for the water implementation. It will allow me to do more than water. More to come.

Water Controls + Dive. The gameplay on water will switch to a shooter from an action hack&slash. Getting on Water will automatically switch to the Water Cannon weapon. This weapon is unique and can only be activate when in water. The gameplay will vary from the other weapons. More details in the next update.

Dolphin manuevers :) , also when you are back to land you will revert back to the weapon you had before diving in the water.

4. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

I really like the color/suit change when you hit the water/ground.

KeyGameUniverse likes this.
  5. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Small Update. I will call it Update 1.5.

New things added.
    1. New environment. I am playing around with this and i keep trying techniques to improve the visuals and art style.So far this is what i managed.
    2. Parallax Effect : Changed from 2D to 2.5D for this and i feel it is worth it.
    3. 2D Lighting: Still on the process of utilizing it. Already implemented so it will help me with caves or darker environments
    4. New Sword Animations: New sword animations, i really like my chicken fall :)
    Update 2 will focus on the combat. What i have planning. Most likely at the end of September.
    1. First Enemy
    2. Aerial Sword combat improvements
    3. Sword Uppercut new implementation. This is how i will launch enemies up for aerial combos.It need some fixes and improvements
    4. New sword combat animations + new effects
    5. Death animation + hit animations
    6. Dash Iframes

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    guicamarotto likes this.
  6. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

I spend huge amount of time working on the art and assets. Still need massive improvements but for once i have something i am happy with.

upload_2020-9-12_17-2-58.png

I m keeping the black lines for player,enemies,intractable objects and the world style will be more of a canvas style.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  7. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Hello everyone, it's been a while since i posted here. Mostly because of life,work and other parts of life made it hard to progress on the game. These past few weeks i manage to get back to it and made some progress.

I want to give it my all and promote this game for kickstarter. I am struggling with the art , and hiring a real artist will just make a real difference.

Anyways here is a video of the combat, i think it is very fun. It needs a lot of polish on the animations and effects and some systems are still early in development but i enjoy it. This is how it is suppose to be :)

Its also my first time editing a video so any tips on that is appreciated. Also for some reason the video exported blurry. Looking for a solution on why

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  8. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Some progress images : Mostly playing with lights

upload_2021-1-6_18-32-1.png
    upload_2021-1-6_18-32-20.png
    upload_2021-1-6_18-32-35.png

9. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

New image of the 2 new weapons.
    Poison Glaive and Ice Spear.

10. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Hi everyone just few images update. Sword,Axe are almost completed, Spear is shaping up greatly.
    Glaive will be next and a secret weapon not announced yet.

upload_2021-1-16_18-6-44.png
    upload_2021-1-16_18-8-12.png
    upload_2021-1-16_18-9-40.png

Moving forward my plan is to start a funding, most likely kickstarter. But i won't do that until i am finished with the below.

At least 5 weapons finish , With animations,sounds,hitboxes,abilities,etc
    Magic mechanic improvement and UI
    Weapon selection UI
    Weapon ability mechanic and UI

Yep still a long road ahead of me.

But i am enjoying every part i get to work on it. I am happy with it so far and it controls really smoothly. Which was something i was aiming for from the start.