Search Unity

2D DOTS Physics

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by ArkyonVeil, Aug 16, 2020.

1. ArkyonVeil

ArkyonVeil

Greetings fine folks.

Appologies if this has been asked before or it's in the wrong forum. But I want to know what's the state of 2D Physics for the Unity DOTS in the interest of using them for a project. I like to work with many objects so ECS would provide major boosts in performance.

However, from what I've seen, the only implementation of 2D Physics in a DOTS environment is through Project Tiny, which as my understanding goes it is a stripped down version of Unity. I do intend to make major use of the newest features, notably the shader graph so I'm unsure if it's the right fit for my project.

As such I'd really appreciate knowing if there is any implementation right now or window into when it could be done. (Or in the case I'm wrong about Tiny, clarifaction on that would be appreciated too.)

Well, that about covers it. Thank you so much for reading and I'd appreciate any form of clarification on this.

Oh and have a fine day :)

2. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

Hi @ArkyonVeil, Thanks for your interest in 2D Physics in DOTS. The plan around this is not set and there's nothing that we are ready to share publicly.
    As for Project Tiny, 2D Physics in Tiny is currently in-development and any updates will be posted in the Tiny forums. It's worth mentioning that we don't currently recommend using this in production as it is still under heavy development.

3. ArkyonVeil

ArkyonVeil

Alright, thank you for the update. :)