Search Unity

2D Cinemachine Camera Causes Blur to Pixels

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by KCSoccer2, Jun 29, 2022.

1. KCSoccer2

KCSoccer2

I have spent a lot of hours for multiple days trying to get this work. When I add the 2D camera from Cinemachine, any movement causes the pixels to gitter and displace them from the sprites. It also will cause my tiles from a rect Grid to blur which is very annoying. I have tried almost everything I could find and using pixel perfect script. Nothing seems to be fixing this issue. My art is not the best so I thought maybe it was just my art which is messing everything up. I tried a free asset pixel art pack and experienced the same issue. 16bit and 32bit did not work as it bobs the character, changes the pixel position, and if you rotate anything in game, it completely removes and changes the size of pixels.

I am completely lost on how to fix this so I can actually experiment on making a game. If you have any tips or suggestions, please let me know because I am losing motivation fast.

Thanks in advance.

Unity Version 2020.3.11f1

2. KCSoccer2

KCSoccer2

Here is a video of the noticeable problems. I cannot continue or spend time making good sprites if they will look like this.

Attached Files:

3. KCSoccer2

KCSoccer2

I noticed the video does not show it well but the pixels are just getting moved around when any movement is detected. They also all make weird shapes then come back to normal which is very noticeable to player. I have tried built project and in unity editor, problem still exist.

4. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

You mention the "pixel perfect script". Does that mean you're using the Pixel Perfect package? It exists to solve precisely this problem.

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I'm not seeing the problem in the video. You you would like to create a small test project that shows this problem, you can upload it and I can take a look at it.