Search Unity

2d character package was rejected because its too simple..

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ShiroTheWhite, Feb 1, 2023.

1. ShiroTheWhite

ShiroTheWhite

yet again my asset package has been rejected with no information as to what exactly I need to change. Whomever reviews packages doesn't care enough to say why but give simple minded reasons for rejection. I have waited for over a month for them to review these packages. How can my package be too simple when the asset store is filled with assets that are similar and has less work put into it and mine is rejected as being too simple. I followed the guidelines, put folders and needed files exactly as they asked and same result. Doesn't Unity support 2d art anymore?

My other package, a 3d model ; Demo scene and everything the guidelines claimed was necessary was included but it was rejected because it included the character controller of default unity project..Review process is a joke. Hasn't change at all.

The funny thing is they both were rejected at the same time when they had different queues number. Such a waste of time.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Would you mind sharing screenshots of your 2d assets?

And links to some of the similar assets that you mentioned. It is often incorrectly perceived that whatever is in the store would still be considered acceptable today. If said assets have been published 3+ years ago or worse, haven't been updated in over 3 years, they cannot be used to judge today's asset standards.