Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

2d character falling through ground, and bouncing a little

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Bakczki, May 13, 2018.

1. Bakczki

Bakczki

I have simple character with rigidbody and 2d box collider attached and tiles with applied tilemapcollider 2d. How to prevent character from falling through tiles sometimes? Falling occurs not only on tilemap collider but other sprites with attached colliders. In addition player collider falls into tiles collider and moves back on top of the tiles. On rigidbody i have applied continuous collision detection, interpolation, but changing to other option doesn't make much effect.

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Interpolation has nothing to do with physics and won't affect it, it's purely a rendering thing as it modifies the Transform only between physics updates. Continuous collision should not allow this and I've not seen it fail.

Ensure that the Animator isn't modifying the Transform in any way. It'd be interesting to know what collision shapes the TilemapCollider2D is using.

If you still feel this is a bug then please submit a bug report so we can investigate.

Thanks.