Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

2D Camera motion detection

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Aenorya_Pro, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Aenorya_Pro

Aenorya_Pro

Hi,

I'm currently developing a mobile app that must detect simple physical exercices using the device's webcam. I'm using OpenCV For Unity asset for now. I started with the squatting movement and figured a cheap way to measure the movement is to detect face position and set up a margin on how much to go down or up to be counted as a squat. The tablet or phone placed on a table using a regular tablet holder .
    I'm having trouble with face detection when it comes to bearded men or tall people from table height.
    If needed, I could do with simple any motion detection regardless of what moves if you know any solution.
    Do you think I should try an other solution with OpenCV or am I in the wrong way here ?

Thanks for your time !

unityunity