Search Unity

2d basketball or soccer/football

Discussion in '2D' started by juba08, Jul 15, 2015.

1. juba08

juba08

Hello,
    i want to make fun 2d basketball or football game but i am not much experienced with unity2d and coding.
    Is there any asset or tutorials that can help to to do it?
    i want to make very simple games like old nes games. Example:

2. tedthebug

tedthebug

You are better off putting your game aside & doing the tutorials first so you get an understanding of Unity. If you try to start with the game you want to make you will get frustrated & it probably won't be the one you wanted to make by the time you finish. Once you have an understanding then start with the simple aspects, you may be able to reuse bits you did with the tutorials.

3. juba08

juba08

is there any tutorial will help me to make similar game later? i used unity before but i am not familiar to 2d and coding i mean i dont know how to approach it to speed up things. i am checking 2d toolkit and 2d platformer corgi engine(1 dimension game would be ok too)

4. tedthebug

tedthebug

Do the 2d tower game. It's a shooter but all the bits about layers, colliders etc will relate to what you are doing. Once you have an understanding you can make better design decisions about how you structure everything otherwise you start cobbling bits together & if you hit a nasty bit you could find you have to start again as there is a flaw in the way you did something near the beginning.