Search Unity

2D Artist here - What would you like me to make?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by davidthehall, Aug 7, 2015.

?

What 2D asset are you interested in?

1. 2D stylized effects

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2D Character Interchangeable Skins

100.0%
  3. 2D Props and Game items

50.0%
  4. 2D Backgrounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2D Enemy Pack

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. davidthehall

davidthehall

Hi all,

I've been using Unity and browsing/buying things on the store for years, but now I'm thinking about putting my skills to use and making some 2D art. I'm undecided on what I should make first though, and was curious if the community is looking for anything in particular. Here's a list of ideas that I put together:

• 2D stylized effects - My background is in traditional animation, so I thought I might put together some Michel Gagne inspired fire, explosions, water, etc. Not just your typical "Toon look" fx. These would be high quality animation.
    • 2D Character Interchangeable Skins - Disney and Looney Toons run in my artistic veins. After 2 decades of drawing and animating these wonderful characters, I'm quite adept at creating appealing Toons. This would be a set of probably 30-50 different heads, torsos, eyes, noses, ears, etc. that could be swapped out to make hundreds of cartoon character variations, all inspired by the golden age of cartoons - 40s and 50s. Including a blank "prototype" 2D character.
      • Animations to follow.
    • 2D Props and Game items - This would be a pack of 50 - 100 game props like: chairs, tables, doors, etc. and items like: candies, ammo, power-ups.
    • 2D Backgrounds - This would be a pack of different biomes / background pieces like: Forests, swamps, floating islands, tropical jungles, snowy places, lava flows and volcanoes, etc. With foreground elements like, lively/spooky/snow-capped/torched trees, dead logs, rocks, various plants, and the like.
    • 2D Enemy Pack - This would be a pack of robots, zombies, and aliens. Sort of the classic bad guys you'd find in any game, but of course, they would be "Toony" ;)
    Do any of those sound interesting? Got another idea you'd rather see created? Let me know in the comments!

So, what are you looking for? :)

-David

2. arkhament

arkhament

3. davidthehall

davidthehall

That could be fun!

4. arkhament

arkhament

if you made an art pack with that I will definitely buy it.
    Maybe if you'll encourage to do it would be cool if you did the stages (paralax plus) with "Super time force" style and the enemies.. because that are more difficult to find for to buy interntet.

Regards!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015