Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Animation v2 - Preview Packages

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by rustum, Dec 17, 2018.

1. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Hi! Yes, it was created on V1 and then upgraded to V2!
    In this case, it is a simple png, there is no separate parts, so I didn't need to use PSD.

2. wolfkillshepard

wolfkillshepard

Hey I've been trying to get my pixel art character set up with this system but I can't get my pixel art to come out crisp looking like I usually can by changing my compression to none and my filter mode to point no filter. Do you know what I might have to do to keep my PSB looking in sprite editor like it does on photoshop?

Turning Mip Maps off seemed to fix it for me

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 10:53 PM
  3. Brogan89

Brogan89

Hey I'm having issues at the moment with shaders and flipping sprites.

I'm using 2D animation package in conjunction with normal maps for shadowing on the sprites. When I flip the gameobject (localScale.x = -1) the sprites disappear (using the standard shader) when I change the shader to `Sprites/Diffuse` it shows correctly in its flipped state and light is reflected as normal but there is no field for normal maps.

So pretty much, I want to be able to join both behaviours. I'm looking at the shader code now but my eyes are bleeding. Pretty much want to know how I can properly flip my character or how I can add normal map (like standard shader) to `Sprite/Diffuse` shader code?

Thanks in advance :)

4. scorp2007

scorp2007

Hello, please tell me the PSB importer does not support photoshop adjustment layers? I will have to apply it to each layer separately, it's very tedious.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 1:36 AM
  5. IAnon

IAnon

Is there a tutorial available for using IK at runtime I cant figure out how to do it.

6. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

The problem is that standard shader has back-face culling enabled. After googling a bit I found https://gist.github.com/unitycoder/469118783af9d2fd0e2b36becc7dd347, which might be helpful for your case as a workaround. Adding normalmaps to sprites is complicated right now. If you do, remember not to use SpriteAtlas. We are working internally in providing a solution for this.

Hi, please take a look at this blog post https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/12/04/getting-started-with-2d-inverse-kinematics/
    I hope it will be helpful.

7. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback. We will put this onto our backlog for future development. As the importer is still in it's early release stage, telling us what feature you would like and how it is being used is very useful for us to continue improve the importer.

scorp2007 likes this.