Search Unity

2D animation playing at half-rate (half samples/ frameskipping) in the game

Discussion in '2D' started by s4shrish, Oct 15, 2019.

1. s4shrish

s4shrish

Hello guys, I made some 2D animations for 60 FPS playback, BUT they are all playing at HALF-RATE when played using animation controller, meaning some of the sprites are not even visible when played by triggers in the animation controller. Does anybody have any idea what is happening? Like I know the performance settings are there to keep things lightweight on mobile, but all of them are about lowering quality to achieve higher framerate, which is somewhat contrary to what is happening. well, not exactly, but frameskipping / half rate sampling isn't desired here. In the animator window it even says that it has 16 curve positions, for a 30 frame animation, tho I might not be reading that correctly, but my hunch says it's all the keyframes it's handling.

The video exhibit shows the problem, which can be seen clearly by the fact that the 15th frame is the vehicle facing directly towards the camera, whereas in the version played by the animator this is skipped. It would not really be THAT big of an issue, IF the curves would be working fine as well. But the tracked on objects fall out of sync because of this issue. As a last resort I might reduce framerate to 30 or 15 FPS and adjust the animation accordingly, but I wanted this animation to be smooth.

If anyone knows about any solution or settings change, please share.