Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Animation Bones Acting Weird

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by matrikasaTR, Jan 17, 2019.

1. matrikasaTR

matrikasaTR

So ive been trying to implement bone animation to my character but it just keeps acting weirdly.

So my problem is when im done with creating all the bones and weights etc. the animation window makes my character act weird. I can control the bones in scene view nice and neat but when it comes to making animation, rotating one bone or moving the animation 1 seconds later just makes all of the bones rotate and move randomly. Also their Z rotation changes to a very very high value like 8000 or -9000.

I also got an error message on console while i was trying to fix this issue. The error goes:

Sprite "Character" contains bone weights which sum zero or are not normalized. To avoid visual artifacts please consider fixing them.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I know this is a preview package but i really need to use it. Is there a way to fix it? Or can i use any other free alternatives to this package?

Attached Files:

2. matrikasaTR

matrikasaTR

Alright guys if anyone else is having this issue i just changed the netframework version to 3.5 from 4.x and it just god fixed.

3. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

This usually means that you have remove a bone association with from a Sprite and the weights of some of the vertices are not normalized. To fix this, you will either need to manually repaint the weights or generate them. We will look into a way to automatic resolve this issue.

4. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, please could you share a video of the issue? Also please file a bug using the "Help -> Report a Bug..." Menu. Thanks!