Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2D Animation Bones Acting Weird

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by matrikasaTR, Jan 17, 2019.

1. matrikasaTR

matrikasaTR

So ive been trying to implement bone animation to my character but it just keeps acting weirdly.

So my problem is when im done with creating all the bones and weights etc. the animation window makes my character act weird. I can control the bones in scene view nice and neat but when it comes to making animation, rotating one bone or moving the animation 1 seconds later just makes all of the bones rotate and move randomly. Also their Z rotation changes to a very very high value like 8000 or -9000.

I also got an error message on console while i was trying to fix this issue. The error goes:

Sprite "Character" contains bone weights which sum zero or are not normalized. To avoid visual artifacts please consider fixing them.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I know this is a preview package but i really need to use it. Is there a way to fix it? Or can i use any other free alternatives to this package?

Attached Files:

2. matrikasaTR

matrikasaTR

If anyone else is having this issue i just changed the netframework version to 3.5 from 4.x and it just got fixed.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  3. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

This usually means that you have remove a bone association with from a Sprite and the weights of some of the vertices are not normalized. To fix this, you will either need to manually repaint the weights or generate them. We will look into a way to automatic resolve this issue.

4. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, please could you share a video of the issue? Also please file a bug using the "Help -> Report a Bug..." Menu. Thanks!

5. TK009999

TK009999

I got same issue...
    How should I fix it???
    upload_2019-6-11_11-57-43.png

6. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

This probably means you have removed a bone from a Sprite and the weights are not normalized properly. You can try by going back to the tool and regenerate the weights

Boden_McHale and TK009999 like this.
  7. TK009999

TK009999

@Leo-Yaik Thank you for your teaching I fix it already

8. Eotonisc

Eotonisc

Hey, I know that this is over half a year old, but I got the same issue. I have over dozens of spritemeshes in my project and some of them took extensive manual weighting to get the animations to look right. The error does not give any indication of which spritemesh is causing the issue. Is there any way for the buggy spritemesh to be identified?

9. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

We will put it in our back log to give attach the possible Sprite that is causing the error. At the mean time, can you share with us the project so that we can help you identify? Alternatively, since the source code is in the package, you can also add a debug log to indicate which Sprite is causing the problem.

10. Eotonisc

Eotonisc

Sure. Where do I upload the project? I've never needed to do so before and don't want to drop it in the wrong place. For the source code, I don't know which script the error is coming from.

11. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

You can upload it to your own private google drive and PM the link

12. Eotonisc

Eotonisc

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  13. sanerof

sanerof

Glitch2.png Glitch3.png

Hello, I have been facing a wierd glitch with the 2D bone animation thing and this issue is occuring in certain devices only, well mostly samsung devices from M30s to S10plus.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  14. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Thanks; it might look like a multi threaded rendering issue. Can you try disable it in the Graphics settings and let us know if it still occurs?

15. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

16. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

@Eotonisc which version of Unity are you using?

17. ninjacomedy

ninjacomedy

Hello, I'm very new to this. I recently opened Unity only to find out the bone normalizer has an error with the same code as every other CS1519. I am not familiar of coding, but I wasn't sure if there is something about his writing that may seem odd.

Attached Files:

18. Dorfried

Dorfried

19. Dorfried

Dorfried

I believe I found a solution: Need to make sure to hit Apply after adding vortexs before moving to the weight brush phase, Also to make sure no specfic bone is selected before the procudure of auto-geometry

20. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

It feels like there is a bug here. Will ping @Ted_Wikman to have a look.

21. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Looks indeed like a bug, where the vertices you painted over for some reason didn't get any weight, even though you have normalized checked.

Could you file a bug report so we can take a closer look?
    Thanks!