Search Unity

2D Animation - Bone Deform not Working during Runtime

Discussion in '2D' started by BartiriX, Jun 12, 2020.

1. BartiriX

BartiriX

Hello everyone,

I decided to upgrade my project from 2019.3.4f1 to 2019.4.0f1, the LTS version, today. It mostly went without hitches (so far), except on the animation side of things. As it turns out, IK apparently doesnt cause any sprite deformation, even though the skeletal movement is still present.

As can be seen in this picture, while not in play-mode, the IK-bones do their job and the sprite deforms according to the movement.

When in play-mode, though, things get a little wonky.

The bones move according to the animation, but the sprite is no longer deformed in those parts.

Something I've noticed are that it only seems to affect the IK and the bones connected to it, as other bones in the animations still deform the sprite accordingly. The geometry and weights are still correct and reconfiguring the IKs sadly also didn't fix this issue.

If further information is required I'd happily provide it :)
    Looking forward to your help/input and thanks for reading.

2. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

Hi, what package versions are you using for Animation and IK? I just took a look at a simple project on 2019.4 using Animation 3.2.2 and IK 2.0.2-preview1 and it looked alright.

If you submitted a bug report with a sample of your project, we might be able to better understand what's going on.

Update: I tried with Animation 3.2.2 and IK 1.0.3-preview1 and saw something like you have here so hopefully updating to IK 2.0.2-preview1 fixes your issue

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020