Search Unity

2D Animation Auto Geometry doesn't create geometry for entire sprite.

Discussion in '2D' started by JackHolman, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JackHolman

JackHolman

So I am trying to rig a 2D sprite up using the Unity skinning editor. I create all of my bones and link them together using the transparent thingy and then hit auto geometry and it only creates geometry for the torso of my sprite.

I am using a sprite where all the limbs are separated, like in https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/11/09/getting-started-with-unitys-2d-animation-package/ <- this tutorial.

Am I doing something horribly wrong? How can I get it to create geometry for the rest of the sprite as well.

I was going to use the character rig options shown in a Brackeys video but my editor doesn't seem to have it.

Thanks.

2. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @Century_
    Only .PSB files will give you the character rig option (See this manual for more information).
    When using the Auto Geometry tool, make sure no Sprite is selected to generate the geometry for all the Sprites in the texture.

When no Sprite is selected, the Generate button shows Generate For All Visible

When a Sprite is selected, the Generate button shows Generate For Selected

To select a Sprite in the Skinning Editor, double click on the Sprite. To deselect a Sprite, double click outside of the Sprites.

heeyoung_abc and thaole809 like this.