Search Unity

2d animation and controlls help

Discussion in 'Animation' started by zerikscythe, Dec 31, 2013.

1. zerikscythe

zerikscythe

Hello I'm new to the forum so please bare with me a bit here. Me and a buddy are currently working on a 2d-platformer. I'm using the 2d tutorial as the foundation for my scripts to help me along learning the system. Here are some of our issues:

1) we have come to notice that our main characters animations behave strangely and differently depending on the input: keyboard or controller. With the keyboard his animations will linger on a good 1/3-1/2 second on the screen but with a controller the transitions are nearly immediate.

2) it seems that commands get kinda buffered into the memory and execute after another animation has finished.. for example if my character is in mid fall and i press the down key, which we have set up as a crouch, and let it go before he lands.. he may still crouch even though since that control is not present it should revert back to his default stance.

3) the FixedUpdate() from the 2d demo game has the applied forces to propel the sprite forward and up based on 'move' or 'jump' events. I cant pin it down but on occasion i almost feel like the jumpForce and moveForce values are being added together, as our character will preform a super "moon jump" for no reason, nearly a 1-in-4 occurrence.

Link to demo:
    http://www.warpedperspective.com/unity/web.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. zerikscythe

zerikscythe

added link to demo, hope this helps

3. zerikscythe

zerikscythe

shameless bump... still having these issues.