Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

2D adding clothes to 2d sprite (I am very new)

Discussion in '2D' started by Shobosa, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Shobosa

Shobosa

I am new like I said to unity and I am liking a lot of the feature it has for a person learning to practice with. I saying that, here is my question.

I currently have a 2d sprite character (with just underwear on) and I want to add clothes to him that give him power ups. what is the best way to accomplish this? I have no problem reading to find answers, but I don't even know technique is called. So I have read about sprites with bones, but didn't really find out what i needed. also any asset items that would help me would be great also.

thanks,

Sho

2. Shobosa

Shobosa

I see from the 30 views I either asked a really dumb question, that gets asked all the time or no one knows the answer. Either way thanks for the views and I will keep google'ing.

3. itzclay36

itzclay36

"sprites with bones" is called rigging. There is a sticky at the top of this 2d forum that has some info on it. Even has an example where he adds clothes. I've never done what you are asking, or used rigging outside a separate program called Spirter, so I can't help too much.

4. Shobosa

Shobosa

thank you for the reply. I will look into that post and being able to search for "rigging" will help me alot.

thanks for your time

unityunity