Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2D "4-directions" characters

Discussion in '2D' started by Lohoris2, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

Where can I find some 2D "4-directions" arcade characters and monsters? (save for strongly SNES JRPG style)

On the Asset Store I was able to find only *ONE* pack falling in this category https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/71965

And even in this pack only some of the monsters move in 4 directions.

So far I've been able to find tons of:
    • 2D platformers (i.e. left and right direction only)
    • SNES JRPG style, which isn't exactly what I need

I need something much more retro arcade style, with sprites as square as possible, possibly pixel-art.

I'm not asking for you to point me out to a specific pack, but at least suggesting a site which may contain many would be very helpful.

(doesn't matter if it's paid of free, as long as it's legit, i.e. not kids ripping off graphics from other games)

Thank you in advance.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I would suggest OpenGameArt.org.

(Er... they seem to be having a bit of trouble with their database today... but usually this is an excellent site with a wide variety of sprites, including a large number of 4-way and 8-way retro-style sprites.

Lohoris2 likes this.
  3. krisu

krisu

4. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

Those unfortunately generate exactly the kind of sprite that I don't need and I keep finding: SNES JRPG style, non-square shaped. Especially the first link, the second is slightly better.

I'm having a look at OGA and maybe I've found something there, thank you!