Search Unity

[24 HOUR DEAL] uFS - Flight Simulation Engine [ 70% OFF ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by UnityFS, Mar 11, 2014.

1. UnityFS

UnityFS

2. Karearea

Karearea

Just to chime in, this is hands-down the best asset I've bought- beautifully implemented. Really interesting just to move elements around to understand how the balance and forces manifest.

3. John-G

John-G

Hope you have massive sales Chris, at 70% off this is an absolute steal.
    Without doubt one of those must have assets, get it now.
    Support also is second to none.

4. Archania

Archania

This has been on my list for awhile. Glad to say thanks to the sale made it a no brain purchase. Awesome asset.

5. imtrobin

imtrobin

embarssing but I can't the plane to lift off in your demo

6. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I just want to ask if i can use this also to make a spaceship simulation without gravity?

Edit:
    I just want to make some kind of a slow transporter spaceship that is flying in a bigger spaceship with many corridors in all directions so you have to learn exactly the ways on how to come from point a to b and for that i need some kind of your flight asset but without gravity and so that the player can rotate around all axis freely just like a powerfull jetplane only slower.
    Hope it can work.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  7. UnityFS

UnityFS

Hi RandAIThor,

You probably could do this with a bit of hacking with uFS, but given you will be in a vacuum and with no gravity most of the power behind uFS ( calculating accurate lift and drag from airflow ) will be irrelevant to you. Therefore I don't think I would recommend it - I wouldn't want you to waste your money paying for a lot of features you don't need. It sounds like the functionality you are after is actually fairly straight forward and shouldn't be too difficult to knock up in your own script - it is essentially a camera controller with a little bit of inertia..there may be examples like this on the asset store already?

Any suggestions of pre existing scripts for RandAlThor? :)

8. Archania

Archania

Rand there are some assets in the store that would serve you better - search space.

9. UnityFS

UnityFS

Thanks Archania :)

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you for the info.

So for that price i want to buy your asset in the morning but the first time i could not because i think it started 30 minutes earlier then normal so buying it here in germany at 8:30 till 9:00 as i often do was not possible. :(

11. lazygunn

lazygunn

Bit of a bugger, this, looks like a great asset, another i'd surely find use for, but the deal pretty much went the day before 'payday'. Ahh well maybe next time

12. neopan

neopan

if someone wanted combat aircraft or jets, what would be viable?

13. Pirated

Pirated

Looks cool, but darn I wish I hadn't missed the 70% off deal! Its 75 bucks on there now :(

Is this a good flight simulator? I'd love to fly and if this is the next best thing....

Travels are Mighty!

www.mightytravels.com

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  14. TutorialNom

TutorialNom

First hold "2" then when the speed is up in around 60, hold the DOWN arrow key, and to make the plane's nose go lower, press the UP arrow key.

15. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Anyone know why the plane won't attain any velocity for unity 5.0 in the example scene?

16. RTSlang

RTSlang

Any chance of a Unity 5.0 version?

17. Lesnikus

Lesnikus

It's working in Unity 5.6 version?