Search Unity

24/7 Server loses connection to NAT facilitator after while

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Ethan, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Ethan

Ethan

Hi,

heres what i get about 1 till 3 times a day on my server: (which uses the unity beta masterserver)

if i get this error on the server, the clients still see the server in the serverlist, but wont be able to connect.

i thought about reconnecting manually with
    Network.OnFailedToConnectToMasterServer
    but it seems like this function is not being called?

anyone got some tips how to create a stable server?

greetings

gabriel

2. jashan

jashan

Hey there - another user from Munich, cool :)

I've switched to using my own instance of the MasterServer due to problems like this. Actually, the beta MasterServer is supposed to fix this and it might not even be the same problem that I encountered. On the regular Unity MasterServer, in the end I got disconnects every couple of seconds.

With my own MasterServer, things have been pretty stable so far (I have to say that I'm currently not using it heavily, though - so your mileage may vary). I guess it's simply difficult for the MasterServers hosted by Unity to keep up with all the requests ;-)

3. Ethan

Ethan

Hehe, munich the unity center 8)

I forgot to mention: User who want to connect get "Nat Target not conencted"

Well an own masterserver is tricky to this time, i hoped to find some kind of reconnect method.

Sometimes if the server lost connection to the masterserver it really called the
    Network.OnFailedToConnectToMasterServer

but sometimes doesnt help always ;)

cheers

gabriel 8)