Search Unity

Question 2022 LTS Editor under Windows - jaggy preview - antialiasing in preview not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nakoustix, Jul 3, 2023.

1. nakoustix

nakoustix

Hi guys,

I'm a bit worried about the new 2022 LTS release (2022.3.2f1) since in the editor under windows everything is very jaggy and pixelated and I really can't get a feel how it will look until I build it. It looks VERY awfull in the editor!

I tried builtin RP and URP.
    I tried updating the drivers of my graphics card, which is a 3070TI Notebook card atm. I tried several backends like DX11, DX12 and Vulkan and the problem still persists.
    The artefacts are not visible in a build... I can build it for windows with DX12 perfectly fine and the standalone build looks good. But in the scene- and game- preview in the editor the renderquality is subpar and definitely has some problems.

I don't have another machine right now to test it, but from the clues I gathered it really seems to be an editor problem with 2022 lts..... :(

With 2021 LTS everything works fine and as expected.

Anybody else has problems like this? I haven't found anything on the webs unfortunately...

kind regards
    Michael

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

3. nakoustix

nakoustix

Yes, I've seen some other posts mentioning issues with the release, but no one described the exact same problem I have.... yet...

Thanks @Kurt-Dekker for backing my underlying feeling that this release is nowhere near LTS worthy.

In the meantime I'd like to screem into the void (aka unity technologies QA): ****aaaaarrrrrghhhh******

Some suggestion @UnityTechnologiesAdmin: Less budget for business acquisitions but maybe more resources for framework dev and QA... (NOT) just my opinion. <3

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I will add a disclaimer:

- I have not used 2022 yet
    - I certainly have not used it at legitimate production / enterprise scale
    - I have no idea what scale people reporting issues are using it for / using it on

For all I know, everybody reporting issues in 2022 is using a potato computer and they're mad that it can't keep up.

But this is somewhat negated by many people saying effectively that 2020 and 2021 worked fine and 2022 chokes.

Again though, performance is like that: when you reach a critical mass of load (whatever load, CPU, GPU, memory space, memory bandwidth, disk I/O), then often things may very-suddenly slow way down to snail-snot speeds.

5. nakoustix

nakoustix

Yeah I get what you're saying...

I have to keep software performant for the same reasons (this is my income) and it's not easy, I get that...
    But if those specs are now "potato computers" a whole lot of the unity community is cut out and in my opinion for NO reason since other software can keep up and even the *built* unity projects can keep up ;)

This release 2022LTS isn't worth the tag LTS - I insist on it :/

Kurt-Dekker likes this.