Search Unity

Bug [2022.2] Failed to Create Any Project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by suiboli314, May 10, 2023.

1. suiboli314

suiboli314

Environment:
    • Windows 11 Insider Build
    • Unity Editor 2022.2.17f1, 2022.2.18f1
    ---
    The issue I am encountering when creating a new project each time in Unity is related to the VisualScripting and collections packages.
    Specifically, error messages indicats that the VisualScripting package is missing override methods and the collections package is missing 'ILSupport' namespace.

How to Reproduce:
    1. In Unity Hub, New Project, Create 2D Core project in any folder.
    2. Enter Safe Mode window prompts, click ignore, and read the following log

Log:
    Here is part of error log, I deleted the duplicates:
    Code (Console):
    1. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.2d.animation/Editor/SkinningModule/Lib/x64/BoundedBiharmonicWeightsModule.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    2. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.2d.animation/Editor/SkinningModule/Lib/x64/BoundedBiharmonicWeightsModule.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    3. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.collections/Unity.Collections.LowLevel.ILSupport/Unity.Collections.LowLevel.ILSupport.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    4. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.collections/Unity.Collections.LowLevel.ILSupport/Unity.Collections.LowLevel.ILSupport.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    5. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/Assemblies/Unity.VisualScripting.sqlite3.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    6. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/Assemblies/Unity.VisualScripting.sqlite3.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    7. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/DotNetZip/Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    8. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/DotNetZip/Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    9. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/YamlDotNet/Unity.VisualScripting.YamlDotNet.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    10. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Dependencies/YamlDotNet/Unity.VisualScripting.YamlDotNet.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    11. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/EditorAssetResources/Unity.VisualScripting.TextureAssets.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    12. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/EditorAssetResources/Unity.VisualScripting.TextureAssets.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    13. A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Runtime/VisualScripting.Flow/Dependencies/NCalc/Unity.VisualScripting.Antlr3.Runtime.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
    14. Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.visualscripting/Runtime/VisualScripting.Flow/Dependencies/NCalc/Unity.VisualScripting.Antlr3.Runtime.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.
    16. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\Expression.cs(6,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Antlr3' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.VisualScripting' (are you missing an assembly reference?)Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(7,31): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Lexer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    17. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(29,32): error CS0115: 'NCalcLexer.GrammarFileName': no suitable method found to override
    18. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(1492,30): error CS0115: 'NCalcLexer.mTokens()': no suitable method found to override
    19. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(20,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ICharStream' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    20. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(20,46): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RecognizerSharedState' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    21. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(1975,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DFA' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    22. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(1977,26): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BaseRecognizer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    23. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(1966,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcLexer.DFA7.Description': no suitable method found to override
    24. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcLexer.cs(1990,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcLexer.DFA14.Description': no suitable method found to override
    25. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(13,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Parser' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    26. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(29,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ITreeAdaptor' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    27. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(110,75): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RecognitionException' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    28. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(41,34): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.TokenNames': no suitable method found to override
    29. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(49,32): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.GrammarFileName': no suitable method found to override
    30. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(21,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ITokenStream' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    31. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2231,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BitSet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    32. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2307,21): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommonTree' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2644,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ParserRuleReturnScope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    33. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2309,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.ncalcExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    34. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2329,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.logicalExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    35. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2349,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.conditionalExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    36. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2369,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.booleanAndExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    37. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2389,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.bitwiseOrExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    38. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2409,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.bitwiseXOrExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    39. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2429,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.bitwiseAndExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    40. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2449,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.equalityExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    41. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2469,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.relationalExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    42. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2489,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.shiftExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    43. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2509,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.additiveExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    44. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2529,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.multiplicativeExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    45. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2549,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.unaryExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    46. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2569,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.primaryExpression_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    47. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2589,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.value_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    48. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2609,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.identifier_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    49. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2629,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.expressionList_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    50. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Runtime\VisualScripting.Flow\Dependencies\NCalc\NCalcParser.cs(2649,36): error CS0115: 'NCalcParser.arguments_return.Tree': no suitable method found to override
    51. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Editor\VisualScripting.Core\ResourceProviders\EmbeddedResourceProvider.cs(4,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TextureAssets' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.VisualScripting' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    52. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Editor\VisualScripting.Core\Utilities\BackupUtility.cs(3,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'IonicZip' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.VisualScripting' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    53. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.visualscripting@1.8.0\Editor\VisualScripting.Core\Utilities\EditorSerializationUtility.cs(8,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.VisualScripting' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    54. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@1.2.4\Unity.Collections\UnsafeUtilityEx.cs(88,20): error CS0103: The name 'ILSupport' does not exist in the current context
    55. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@1.2.4\Unity.Collections\UnsafeUtilityEx.cs(104,24): error CS0103: The name 'ILSupport' does not exist in the current context
    Also, full editor log attached.

Attached Files:

2. gabrielr1471

gabrielr1471

go to package manager windows/package manager and remove the package, if you want to use it, try reimporting it,

if this still doesnt fix your problem, try installing a stable unity ver

3. suiboli314

suiboli314

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query on the Unity forum. I appreciate your suggestion of reimporting the package as a potential solution to the problem I am facing. Although this method may work in some cases, I have already tried it and unfortunately, the issue persists.

I understand that using a stable version of Unity might resolve the problem, but my intention is to experiment with the features available in the 2022.2 version, and I suppose this version is stable, not Long Term Support though. I am eager to explore its capabilities and learn more about the improvements it has to offer. If you have any other recommendations or insights that could help me address this issue, I would be grateful for your expertise.

Once again, thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing any further suggestions you may have.

4. suiboli314

suiboli314

A few information that I forgot to mention.
    • Unity 2021.3 is generally bug-free to run and build WebGL app
    • Unity 2023.1.0b15 will produce the same error as 2022.2

5. isbay

isbay

Could u find the solution?

6. GainPlay

GainPlay

I found a solution.

This happened with an existing project (2022.2.5) I imported, a fresh project (2022.2.5) I created, numerous fresh projects and imported projects over the last few months. On other machines it worked fine but on my machine I kept running into the assembly references missing list of bugs whenever the Visual Scripting Package 1.8.0 was in the project so I kept deleting the package since I didn't need it. But this time someone was using it.

Solution:

What I did was this, you might not need all these steps.
    Remove the Visual Scripting Package in the package manager.
    Go to C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com
    Delete all the visual scripting packages.
    Close your Unity project. Restart your Unity project. Go to package manager and search the Unity registry for the Visual Scripting package and install it. It will download the package anew. Close your Unity project. Restart your Unity project. No more errors.