Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug 2022.2 Beta - Numerous lighting and other bugs

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by Sisyphus-Studios, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Sisyphus-Studios

Sisyphus-Studios

Bug #1 Deferred Rendering causes there to be no lighting in scene view, but expected lighting in game view

Bug #2 One of my meshes utilizing layer 31 turned invisible, toggling off random layers between 0-30 in the URP filtering opaque layer mask causes layer 31 to become visible.

Bug #3 Forward or Forward+ rendering generally have correct looking lighting but certain surfaces become completely unlit.

Bug #4 Null reference errors when Opaque Texture is enabled in URP quality settings

Bug #5 On startup I get the warning message "Unity is running with Administrator privileges, which is not supported. Unity executes scripts and binary libraries in your project that may originate from third party sources and potentially be harmful to your computer. Unity may also execute scripts and binary libraries that are still under development and not yet fully tested. Running Unity with Administrator privileges may lead to catastrophic consequences, including but not limited to accidental data loss, change of global system settings or even bricking your device."
    Not sure how to fix this, googling this I found no mention of it.

Bug #6 Decals are randomly clipped based on orientation of the scene view camera, not utilizing decal layers

Not sure what to do with any of this info, was hoping to upgrade to 2022.2 as I've had some serious stability issues on 2022.1. I can try to create bug reports on any of these or if there are solutions to any of them that would be useful.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Zelarm,

That would be great. I have reached out to the team and highlighted your comment but they weren't able to identify any known issues based on your description here.

3. Sisyphus-Studios

Sisyphus-Studios

I tried to use project stripping but it completely exploded the scene to the point of not being able to demonstrate the bugs

First bug report about administrator mode on startup has been submitted

CASE IN-10313

This was taking unbelievably long with my large project so I am resubmitting the remaining bugs as 1 bug report

CASE IN-10327

4. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

Item 4 has a number of bug reports still open from alpha
    IN-9379

why do we keep submitting bug reports all the way thru alpha and they never get to team ?

5. valarnur

valarnur

I got note
    [Worker0] Internal: There are remaining Allocations on the JobTempAlloc. This is a leak, and will impact performance

gasppol and sendspace like this.
  6. UnityTestingFrostPixel

UnityTestingFrostPixel

This one is effecting me the most as I have a number of opaque textures set up in my game and was hoping to take advantage of the Forward+ rendering for the additional lighting, but can't proceed due to this. @LeonhardP is there an update on this at all?

7. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Looks like 10237 was confirmed -- thanks for submitting the report!

8. sean_unity235

sean_unity235

Bumping Bug #5
    "Unity is running with Administrator privileges, which is not supported. Unity executes scripts and binary libraries in your project that may originate from third party sources and potentially be harmful to your computer. Unity may also execute scripts and binary libraries that are still under development and not yet fully tested. Running Unity with Administrator privileges may lead to catastrophic consequences, including but not limited to accidental data loss, change of global system settings or even bricking your device. "

Here's an unresolved reddit thread on the issue:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/103saf9/how_do_i_run_202221f1_as_a_standard_user/

Khai52z likes this.