Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2022.1.0b9 Visual Scripting Node Library and Assembly Definitions

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by sbsmith, Feb 24, 2022.

1. sbsmith

sbsmith

In 2020.3, adding a custom assembly to the Node Library would give me access to the entire assembly via Codebase in the nodes menu. In 2022, I need to add every value to Type Options in order to see it.

Is this intended new behaviour?

2. sbsmith

sbsmith

This still seems to be an issue in b11. Does anyone from Unity have any guidance on this?

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @sbsmith,

I've forwarded the question to the team. I'd recommend you to submit a bug report for this as well. That will ensure that someone from QA will look into it.

4. sbsmith

sbsmith

Thanks. I filed the bug report but would be surprised if I'm the first person to mention it since custom assemblies seem to be the way forward for Unity projects.

5. sbsmith

sbsmith

Hi @LeonhardP, I have an update. The problem is that our code is referencing unity assemblies and many unity runtime assemblies have the UnityEditor as a dependency. Visual Scripting is then filtering out any assembly referencing a Unity assembly because it thinks they are not runtime code. I verified this in a test project and submitted a tool to demonstrate the issue. Unfortunately, I can't seem to access the bug information because bugs now link to an atlassian page that asks for my unity login and then says my login is incorrect. Another person from my company had the same problem where after filing bug reports we can't see their status.

There is more relevant information in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-aot-code-generated-for-a-monobehaviour.1267136/#post-8214174

6. termway

termway

I just had the same problem with the last Visual Scripting version 1.8 (Unity 2021.3)
    The custom units won't be reference anymored in the fuzzy dropdown, but you can still use them and duplicate them as the units are still working properly.

Just adding this code for example will trigger the problem:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    2.      GraphWindow graphWindow = UnityEditor.EditorWindow.GetWindow<GraphWindow>();
    3. #endif
    It was painful to find this bug.