Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

2022.1.0a8 - "NullReferenceException" error message on quitting play mode (URP related)

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by APSchmidt, Oct 19, 2021.

1. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Full message text:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ShadowCasterGroup2DManager.OnPlayModeStateChanged (UnityEditor.PlayModeStateChange state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@12.0.0/Runtime/2D/Shadows/ShadowCasterGroup2DManager.cs:30)
    3. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_PlayModeStateChanged (UnityEditor.PlayModeStateChange state) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:440)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    I know that 0a8 is not the most recent version of Unity Alpha but I'd rather mention this for nothing than missing out on something that might be important.

This error message pops up only on quitting play mode. I noticed it in several projects so far.

Weird thing: the message seems to refer to 2D although my project is fully 3D.

Packages that are installed in my current project where this message pops up:

Capture d’écran_2021-10-19_15-36-58.jpg

2. KamilDA

KamilDA

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt