Search Unity

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, yeah, thanks, I'm a bit late, I did not receive an email notification

please open a "RightClickOnGameObjectMenuRegistrator.cs" and add the "if (go)" line before around 49 line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 48: ...
    2. 49: if (adapter.HL_SET.USE_MANUAL_HIGHLIGHTER_MOD || adapter.HL_SET.USE_AUTO_HIGHLIGHTER_MOD || adapter.HL_SET.USE_CUSTOM_PRESETS_MOD)
    3. 50: ...
    so it should look like that:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 48: ...
    2. 49: if (go)
    3. 50:    if (adapter.HL_SET.USE_MANUAL_HIGHLIGHTER_MOD || adapter.HL_SET.USE_AUTO_HIGHLIGHTER_MOD || adapter.HL_SET.USE_CUSTOM_PRESETS_MOD)
    4. 51: ...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    MostHated likes this.
  2. MostHated

MostHated

Perfect. That did the job. Thanks!

3. MostHated

MostHated

I noticed that after the update today, my alternating background no longer works and I don't have any sort of child object drawing (the number of objects, the line indicators, etc).

https://i.imgur.com/50bWEho.gifv

4. mr_duke

mr_duke

A couple of extra wrong lines =)
    just remove in "MainSettingsParams_Fields.cs" :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 143: ...
    2. 144: if (pluginID == 0 && !p.par_e.USE_PROJECT_SETTINGS) return false;
    3. 145: ...
    and:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 148: ...
    2. 149: if (pluginID == 0 && !p.par_e.USE_PROJECT_SETTINGS) return;
    3. 150: ...

MostHated likes this.
  5. MostHated

MostHated

Ok, I commented those lines out and it's ok now, thanks. I have been using this asset so long now that without those, I feel lost and naked, lol.

6. mr_duke

mr_duke

The same with me... before I returned doing new update, my workflow looked something like this: I was opening clean unity, feeling naked, was installing the old hierarchy asset, getting tons of bugs and lags, removing it because I saw no way to fix tons of obfuscated mixuped code, was getting upset, when, little later, I was feeling, again, that don't know what my life is without it. Unpacking hierarchy again. Well, ordinary a typical life.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Stexe and MostHated like this.
  7. MostHated

MostHated

I saw an update and noticed it had the word Project in it again and I got excited. Rightfully so! My good friend "alternating colors" for the project window has returned. ✓✓ : D

There was a small issue trying to install it though. I hit download on the update, it says it's downloaded, I go to import, but it imported the prior version because of the name change. At one point I think there were 4-5 different ones in here before I cleaned them out.

To install it, I had to manually go into the folder and bring this new one in.

I am not sure if that is what Unity intends to need to be done, but there is no other way since in the package manager it just shows this below. Before the update was available, it had just "Hierarchy PRO 2x20" and then when it changed it keeps the old one downloaded and adds the new one, but then doesn't install the new one.

8. MostHated

MostHated

*** Edit, it looks like this happens when expanding or collapsing a tree, both in the hierarchy and in the project, the same error comes up each time I open or close a tree as seen here: https://i.imgur.com/heE2DC5.gifv

Something that is happening today, which didn't happen yesterday (before I did todays update) at least, not that I recall seeing, I am getting this error message:

[Exception] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 1000000012
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert() at _fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896_

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Exception] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 1000000012
    2. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert() at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    4. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add() at <fb001e01371b4adca20013e0ac763896>:0
    6. Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement]() at <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
    8. Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement]() at <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0
    10. Cache.ClearHierarchyObjects() at /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/HelpersScripts/Cache.cs:62
    11. 60:   else
    12. 61:   {
    13. -->62:       m_instanceIdToHierObject = m_instanceIdToHierObject.Values.Where(v => v.pluginID != 0).ToDictionary(k => k.id, v => v);
    14. 63:       Root.p[0].RESET_DRAWSTACK(0);
    15. 64:   }
    17. PluginInstance.invoke_onHierarchyChanged() at /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/PluginInstanceScripts/Events/EditorSubsribtion.cs:131
    18. 129:       if (_OnHierarchyChanged != null) _OnHierarchyChanged();
    19. 130:       //  Cache.ClearAdditionalCache();
    20. -->131:       Cache.ClearHierarchyObjects(false);
    21. 132:   }
    22. 133:   internal void invoke_onPlayModeStateChanged(PlayModeStateChange state)
    24. Window.FinalEvents() at /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/PluginInstanceScripts/WindowReader.cs:114
    25. 112:           //plugin.HeightFixIfDrag();
    26. 113:           lastContentSize = ___ContentSize.y;
    27. -->114:           plugin.invoke_onHierarchyChanged();
    28. 115:       }
    29. 116:   }
    31. PluginInstance.gui() at /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/Root.cs:561
    32. 559:       window.SetHeightAndIndents(this); // WINDOW SET
    33. 560:   }
    34. -->561:   window.FinalEvents(this);
    35. 563:   args[0] = args[1] = 0;
    37. PluginInstance.hierarchy_gui() at /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/Root.cs:481
    38. 479:   {
    39. 480:       pluginID = 0;
    40. -->481:       gui(instanceID, ref selectionRect);
    41. 482:   }
    42. 483:   internal void gui(int instanceID, ref Rect selectionRect)
    44. SceneHierarchy.OnRowGUICallback() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0

I am using a button, which loads a bunch of prefabs into the scene for editing, originally parented under the actual loading object, but then moves them to their correct parent. Somewhere in this process is where that error shows up. The error shows up twice, actually.

I also have an "Unload" button which unloads all of the objects/deletes the child objects. and the same error comes up two times when removing them.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thanks a lot! Try this one, if you want.
    There'll be an update tomorrow again, I'll include this fix also

Edit: I think, you also may to comment Cache.ClearHierarchyObjects(false); in invoke_onHierarchyChanged() method. Think this is an unnecessary line, it used before to clean the borders for highlighter colors, now it everything located in different places

Attached Files:

• Cache.cs
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
    MostHated likes this.
  10. MostHated

MostHated

Looks like that took care of it.

11. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, I don’t know what’s going on, I click in consle - create a new draft version, i see my new updated asset package, if I publishe it, the new version disappears somewhere, now it should size about 36mb and there should be new documentation, but there is nothing there, although it writes in the console that everything is published.

Hmm. Key images also, not changed... Writes: all done and published

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  12. MostHated

MostHated

I have not published any assets to the store, so I am not sure if it stores them in the same place, but on Windows, they usually are located:

C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\EM-X

It might just be an issue with how Unity handles (or doesn't handle?) name changes to the file. I am not sure. : /

It is not a huge deal to me, I don't mind installing it manually, but some users might not know how and might think there is something wrong when it will not update properly, etc.

I am not 100% sure, but perhaps if the uploaded .unitypackage file were to always have the same name even if other text in other places was different, the package manager might at least be able to install the right one? Might need to ask Unity themselves on that, though.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  13. mr_duke

mr_duke

I changed names before many times, everything was fine, there were problems with the "|" char but the "+" always worked, from the very beginning as long as I remember, then it was called "Hierarchy Pro +Memory Monitoing"

I replaced version name from 2x20.h to 2020.10 a moment ago, maybe scripts just do not track changes in the letter, but I'm not sure that they publish it today, tomorrow is a day off -_-

14. MostHated

MostHated

Yeah, I don't recall having this issue in the past, but at the same time, installing was done from the Asset Store page within Unity, then now they made new "improvements" to the package manager, perhaps whatever they have been changing makes it so it does not like the name changes now?

I believe because I installed the asset and it had X name, then it was changed, I go to install the update, Unity probably kept track of what the old name was now, so it tried to install that again, not taking into account there was now another file because it had a different name instead of overwriting the old unitypackage when the update was downloaded, which it normally would do when you download an update.

For the time being, perhaps in the notes or changelog or somewhere, you might add something like :

"If you are having difficulty updating, please go to C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\EM-X\Editor ExtensionsUtilities\ and delete the old files, download the update once more, then import and things should work as intended"

15. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yes, but unfortunately, the unity automatically creates a name for the package( and I cannot name the assetstore page Hierercy Pro + Project Org and publish the package with the name HierarchyPro. I will hope that the problem is in the version name:) just wait until monday... it, so...

MostHated likes this.
  16. MostHated

MostHated

Looks like I broke something again, lol. I went to move the EMX folder to a subfolder (Standard Assets folder is where I put most all 3rd party assets that I can) and now I get this every time I move the mouse within the hierarchy window.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Exception] Exception: Cache not finilizing
    2. ComponentsIcons_Mod.prepare_hierarchy_draw() at /Standard /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Hierarchy Mods/ComponentsIconsMod/CompIconsMod_Main.cs:204
    3. 203:       if (CURRENT_STACK != null) throw new Exception("Cache not finilizing");
    4. -->204:   }
    5. 206:   bool DMI;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Exception] Exception: Cache not finilizing
    2. ComponentsIcons_Mod.prepare_hierarchy_draw() at /Standard /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Hierarchy Mods/ComponentsIconsMod/CompIconsMod_Main.cs:204
    3. 203:       if (CURRENT_STACK != null) throw new Exception("Cache not finilizing");
    4. -->204:   }
    5. 206:   bool DMI;
    7. PluginInstance.gui() at /Standard /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/Root.cs:707
    8. 705:   //  lineRect.x = lineRect.y = 0;
    9. 706:   //OnGUI();
    10. -->707:   if (g[pluginID].BuildedOnGUI_middle != null && EVENT.type != EventType.Layout) g[pluginID].BuildedOnGUI_middle();
    11. 708:   if (g[pluginID].BuildedOnGUI_middle_plusLayout != null) g[pluginID].BuildedOnGUI_middle_plusLayout();
    12. 709:   // GUI.EndClip();
    14. PluginInstance.hierarchy_gui() at /Standard /EMX/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/Root.cs:481
    15. 479:   {
    16. 480:       pluginID = 0;
    17. -->481:       gui(instanceID, ref selectionRect);
    18. 482:   }
    19. 483:   internal void gui(int instanceID, ref Rect selectionRect)
    21. SceneHierarchy.OnRowGUICallback() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    23. TreeViewController.DoItemGUI() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    25. TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    27. TreeViewController.OnGUI() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    29. SceneHierarchy.DoTreeView() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    31. SceneHierarchy.OnGUI() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    33. SceneHierarchyWindow.DoSceneHierarchy() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    35. SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0
    37. HostView.InvokeOnGUI() at <4dfeb7acf9f44dd0adc2a4f68156471c>:0

17. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yes, I fixed this bug. Hope It will awaliable tomorrow.

Try to rename EMX.HierarchyUltra.Editor.asmdef to EMX.HierarchyPro.Editor.asmdef
    and EMX.HierarchyUltra.Runtime.asmdef to EMX.HierarchyPro.Runtime.asmdef
    if this does not help, I may try to drop the folders manager script

18. MostHated

MostHated

It's not a huge deal, I was trying to clean up my root Assets folder to not have so many random folders in there, but it looks like it automatically makes a new EMX folder structure for the _SAVED_DATA and some other stuff so I just put it back where it was in the root folder so that there didn't have to be two of them.

19. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi:) I think a relatively stable patch will be available tomorrow, I also found a bug with the package manager, the point is upm requires the 3 numbers, so it should be 2020.11.0 for now. Anyway, now fixing bugs is not as big a problem as it was in previous versions

This is a changes list [16.08.2020] 2020.11.0:
    • -added support for package manager
    • -highlighter 1 pixel height moved to at the top of the line
    • -fixed bookmars exception on unity open
    • -fixed closing search window
    • -fixed selection issues for search and bookmarks or selection history
    • -fixed some offset labels issues for 2019.2
    • -fixed width manipulators for right mods
    • -fixed buttons dragging for bookmarks
    • -fixed snap for triggered objects
    • -fixed snap bounds offset calculatioin
    • -fixed columns draggin delay for right mods
    • -fixed prefabs labels size for highlighter
    • -fixed gameobjects fonts size for different window
    • -fixed presets manager for empty data and missing coimponents
    • -fixed presets manager for arrays
    • -fixed icons for project bookmarks

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Stexe and MostHated like this.
  20. MostHated

MostHated

Awesome, great news! Though, one small thing, 16.07.2020 was last month. :p

Stexe and mr_duke like this.
  21. nadhimali

nadhimali

this asset keeps locking my objects, I removed it and now cant edit anything
    All my assets remained locked even after uninstall
    it is like a cancer
    waste of money and a project destroyer

22. MostHated

MostHated

I have never seen or heard of it doing that? What do you mean locking them?

nadhimali likes this.
  23. nadhimali

nadhimali

It locks my objects and shows the lock icon every time I change positions
    when I removed the plugin, all object kept locked and can't be adjusted

I deleted all library files and all files related to it
    still locked

re-install and unlock all
    then disable the asset and removed it from the options available
    locked again

upload_2020-8-20_3-39-56.png

upload_2020-8-20_3-41-24.png

I don't want this asset
    I just want my 1 year project back

24. nadhimali

nadhimali

I have a message in the console

upload_2020-8-20_3-44-33.png

25. MostHated

MostHated

It's probably just something silly, I am sure the developer will be able to get it taken care of. I have used this asset for about 2 years and never really had much issue and I use it in every single project I have ever started, so it is strange to see an issue that persists even after removing it, though I only ever make minor adjustments to the defaults and use the enable/disable function that it adds.

26. nadhimali

nadhimali

It also gives strange messages about things not exists like

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'DescriptionHelperObject') is missing!
    The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!

Using explorer to search for this object gives nothing also

I think he used hidden flags or dll

27. mr_duke

mr_duke

It seems you have an old version, either had or have. This new Hierarchy pro version doesn't create and doesnt't include any dlls or hidden objects, new version uses external folder mode by default, there'is a nicest new api class GlobalObjectID since 2019.2 :)

Have you used hierarchy before? Problems began after the upgrade?

As for hidden flags, it's not serialized and should be reset after restarting, anyway, if you are not used freeze mod, probably it doesn't related to the hierarchy pro asset, as for missed hidden objects, seems you used the old version of the hierarchy, old version has an opportunity to choose between saving data in the scene or in an external folder, you have enabled saving in the scene, so, what you can do:

variant 1 - you can add this script
    variant 2 - to return to the old version turn off object hide flags for descriptions:
    https://emem.store/wiki?=Hierarchy&Other&Cache and Data Storage

variant 3- to return to the old version and use the manager

variant 4 - return to the old versiont and do not upgrade the hierarchy for current project

Edit: also if suddenly freezing is associated with an any hierarchy issue, you can turn on the freezing module and select this menu item:

I'll check the freezee mod for any bugs for a next update

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  28. nadhimali

nadhimali

I did all the steps you mentioned. Not working.

As far as the asset installed the objects can be unlocked and things back to normal,
    when I move an object (childs only) , it gets locked sometimes without my command, If i go to check locked objects from the list I found that many child objects get locked without even touching them.

I did all the steps above to unlock, clear cache, scans, and remove the whole asset, but after uninstalling it locked some childs again and now I have no way to unlock them.

The only workaround is to create a prefab from the father and delete the old father to get them unlocked

I will buy your new asset
    Hierarchy PRO 2x20 + Project Window Highlighter + Additional Tools
    but so hesitant to get more issues

29. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hmm... these were 4 ways solve the problem with the hidden description object for old hierarchy asset, I hoped the locking problem will resolve itself, but, if not, I can suggest trying this script (of course I would recommend to make a backup, but sort of HideFlags should not be saved but, it's much safer, but in any case, I think we can solve this problem) :

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityEditor;
    5. public class FixHierarchyPro
    6. {
    7.     [MenuItem("Tools/FixHierarchyPro/Unlock All Objects In Scene")]
    8.     static void Init()
    9.     {
    10.         foreach (var item in Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll<Transform>())
    11.         {
    12.             if (!item.gameObject.scene.IsValid()) continue;
    13.             if ((item.hideFlags & HideFlags.NotEditable) != 0) item.hideFlags = item.hideFlags & ~HideFlags.NotEditable;
    14.             if ((item.gameObject.hideFlags & HideFlags.NotEditable) != 0) item.gameObject.hideFlags = item.gameObject.hideFlags & ~HideFlags.NotEditable;
    15.         }
    16.     }
    17. }

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  30. nadhimali

nadhimali

Thank you for the support.
    I will try this script
    Maybe it is an isolated case with me due to some unknown reason related to my project.
    I will Upgrade to the new version of the asset

31. mr_duke

mr_duke

The update will probably not solve the locking problem, because I really don't know why this happened, the script should most likely help.

32. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, I was wondering if it's possible to specify an object type for exclusion from using the Hierarchy Components Mod? I have objects which are used as "Headers" for my hierarchy which have a "HierarchyFolderObject" class on them.

I would like for the Components Mod to display on all items *except* for the ones that have the HierarchyFolderObject on them. Is there some way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
    -MH

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  33. adndima

adndima

I used to work with grouping objects using the hotkeys Ctrl + G, but now I can't find such a function. I am using unity 2020.1.2

34. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, how do you think, what is the best way to exclude gameObjects by unique id? or maybe by name? or with a specific mono component?

Hello, please try to right click on the game object upload_2020-9-3_8-19-31.png
    Yeah, now it is called RightClick Menu:
    upload_2020-9-3_8-27-19.png

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  35. MostHated

MostHated

I suppose in my case, there are really only two ways in which it would work fairly easily. As you mentioned, either checking the name for a prefix string, or checking for the gameobject containing a specific component.

The ones I do not want to show only have one component on then, but also, they all start with a prefix of "---". You can see the name below of the top scene header object. I have one system that looks for that prefix and that is what actually draws the header color that you see, and then the name of the object is what shows as the header title. The actual script on the object takes any child objects and flattens their hierarchy during build or playmode, so as not to have extra parent/child relationships in the hierarchy for objects that you simply want to use as organizational objects.

Either way would be perfectly fine with me, whatever you feel might be or easiest to implement.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  36. mr_duke

mr_duke

I get it, okay
    you can find 'HierarchyPro\Editor\Scripts\ModsScripts\Hierarchy Mods\ComponentsIconsMod\CompIconsMod_Main.cs' find about 221 line, it should look somthing like that:

Code (CSharp):
    1.   if (!DCI && !DDI && !DMI)
    2.    {
    3.        END_DRAW(adapter.o);
    4.        return;
    5.   }
    and you can add name checking for you case, if you want to
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   if (!DCI && !DDI && !DMI || adapter.o.name.StartWith("---"))
    2.   {
    3.        END_DRAW(adapter.o);
    4.        return;
    5.   }
    I'll add somewhere settings in the next update, yeah, titles are particularly fine ^^

MostHated likes this.
  37. MostHated

MostHated

This worked just as expected. Thanks for the help!

38. oxysofts

oxysofts

Bravo on the new version, HUGE step up. The new settings page are much better organized! I love the bookmark panel, especially the 'deep' option with choosing file types. Do you think it would be possible to make the bookmark tree navigable with keyboard arrows? Mouse only is bad for hand pain! Also option to auto-expand/collapse when item is clicked or double-clicked. Cheers! One of the best productivity plugin for Unity!

I have an idea as well for the hierarchy: replace the prefab icon for objects in the hierarchy (prefab/box icon on the left? this one text can be left blue for prefabs) with the icon of the main component. For example, if object has a CinemachineVirtualCamera, the icon of cinemachine virtual camera is used instead of the box icon. The components to match would be in a list configurable by the user. This would be less clutter than the current option to show all icons on the right bar, and better for quickly understanding type of the object.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  39. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank you for the ideas, that's very helpful. I've still got a one suggestion to add ability to append little text at the right of the gameobjects name for auto highlighter, it's also a great idea, But I haven't added it yet, so there were many other problems and so on =)

and that about the double clicking,
    if the expand needs in the hierarchy window, in the main settings you can turn it on, this is called a 'double click', and sorry for delay, had pc upgrage, forgot to open the mail, and enable nottifications...

oxysofts likes this.
  40. 00christian00

00christian00

Old Hierarchy Pro customer, I just upgraded to the latest version and noticed the bookmarks disappeared but the feature is still present in the extended version.
    Did I just got downgraded to the equivalent of the old hierarchy free/lite?
    I will upgrade to extended if it mean it will get supported for a long time, but I think it should have been handled differently, it is never nice to get a downgrade.
    Maybe call the extended Hierarchy 3 and leave the old pro discontinued?
    Even the description and video of the extended is the one of the old pro.

41. 00christian00

00christian00

Well I understand that it's a complex asset and may require a lot of effort to maintain, so for me it is fine if he does ask for more money, it is well worth the 8 usd I paid to upgrade to the extended version.
    What is ugly is upgrading and see that you have actually been downgraded, the old version still works quite well in Unity 2019.4( and maybe 2020.1 if I recall) so there is no point in an upgrade which remove features, should have simply discontinued that.

42. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yeah man, Im sorry I accidentally removed the old hierarchy zip for this version from the editor folder, I sent the update for verification, old version will locate here "Editor/HierarchyProOldVersion/HierarchyProOldVersion.zip"

No, no, no, no, it's new video new asset, I've kept only tips old images. Every new 2017 2018 2019 unity update was destroying integration of hierarchy once worked great on 5.6, and it also have given rise to many bugs every new update. So just I cannot fix old version for 2020 and I decided to redesign asset. It is not necessary to buy the new extended version, it may differ slightly from the old version, so you can just use HierarchyProOldVersion.zip until it stops working at all

Say
    ... Has a nice ring :) I never even knew it

43. 00christian00

00christian00

Don't worry, like I said I don't mind paying for the new extended version and in fact I already bought it, since it's one of my most useful assets so no biggie it's just the surprise of the downgrade that caught me off guard.
    Would it be possible to add a back and forward feature of the project window selection, I saw you are working on some mod for that with the new version.
    I bought an asset that do that and it works mostly fine, but it steal the game focus on play so it's mildly annoying.

mr_duke likes this.
  44. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hmmm yes, seems such function presented in the old version =) the new - unfortunately no ))) I thought people weren't using the extension for the project, but I was told that the extensions for the project were so popular that I returned back almost all the project features

45. AGregori

AGregori

I appreciate it, thanks. :p
    On a more serious note, I was referring to your deprecation of all previous assets which made them suddenly unsupported.
    But I'm also a supporter and will continue to buy your unique stuff.

mr_duke likes this.
  46. 00christian00

00christian00

@mr_duke
    The new layout quick buttons seems very useful, but don't play well with multiple monitors/windows.
    It seem to restore only the main window. I tried moving the second monitor window on the first monitor undocked, and on restore of the layout it combined both windows in a single one, so there are multiple issues.
    I'm using the latest 2019.4 LTS.
    There is an error on the console : "failed to destroy editor windows".

47. mr_duke

mr_duke

Much obliged, thanks!

00christian00 likes this.
  48. xiahvc_unity

xiahvc_unity

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'DescriptionHelperObject') is missing!

How can I clear this warning?
    I used the deprecated version in 2019 and updated it to the 2020.11.1 version.
    After restarting Unity, such a warning occurs.
    I am using the Hierarchy PRO product

49. sinaari

sinaari

mr_duke likes this.
  50. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

Hello Sinnari,
    I'm a bit confused, I've bought Hierarchy PRO a couple of years ago.
    Now when I download the asset (from "my assets") I get only Hierarchy FREE.
    Do I have to buy it again??
    Thank-you