Search Unity

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mr_duke

mr_duke

Please try to switch your toggles for Hierarchy (MAYA outliner) Handler.dll not Editor.dll into this.
    upload_2019-3-7_21-47-10.png
    last update should includes it

2. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

Sweet,

There are couple things happens as well ( I'm using Unity 2018 3 6f1)

1. After opening Prefab, hit back/ESC, there is only a scene name, where everything under it went missing, i have to either restore default settings, or refresh my layout

2. Component icon went missing by itself all of sudden, and restore default settings or refresh layout work

thank you

3. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, Apologies for delay experienced.
    You may upgrade to 20.4X, prefabs mode fixed. Thank you for purchase.

4. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

No problem, I know this tool will become great again like before!
    (been using it since forever, I don't know what to do without it man!)

PS: The prefab works perfectly, but the component is still occasionally missing by itself.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  5. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

btw, I got the problem, the logo components next to the object in hierarchy went missing after I hit the play button.
    It happens every time.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  6. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

upload_2019-3-11_12-11-37.png
    After upgrading.
    Unity 2018.2.20f1. Mas OS Mojave v 10.14.

7. mr_duke

mr_duke

I think you are using the hierarchy for the 2018.3 version, please go to the asset store window and redownload hierarchy again, it will automatically install the 2018.1 hierarchy version

8. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

still no solution for the missing component after entering play mode?

9. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, new fixes would soon be made available in just a couple of hours, sorry for delay.

10. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

awesome ! can't wait

11. mr_duke

mr_duke

It seems that something wrong, usualy it was all published by noon, maybe it's 'cause I added 3 translations

12. mr_duke

mr_duke

v20.5
    • fixed missing Component's icons after PlayMode
    • fixed Auto HighLighter for MultiComponents
    • fixed combining conditions for Auto HighLighter
    • fixed background fading when hiding modules using a hot key
    • added some improvments for initialize after script reloading
    • added gif animated feature site's page

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  13. lorddesu

lorddesu

Auto save playmode changes does not work for me. More over all icons and interface are disappear in playmode. Am I doin smth wrong? 2018.3.8.f1
    upload_2019-3-13_23-58-35.png upload_2019-3-13_23-59-12.png

14. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank you for purchasing

What about icons, it's fixed 20.5 already.

And Unity.Object seems to miss references. I feel that's a result of my caching improvments )) I will fix this in the next update.
    And you would like to get update for PlayMode as soon as possible let me know I will start on it first thing.
    And you can use structures and variables such as int and bool and etc for PlayMode Keeper, it works

15. lorddesu

lorddesu

@mr_duke
    That strange but last version from store still with playmode icons bug. And Its look like I still got 20.4
    upload_2019-3-14_22-30-55.png upload_2019-3-14_22-33-14.png

16. mr_duke

mr_duke

Check it, I think I've found a solution, seems right panel is hidden at all
    It was just bad luck that there was icons problems too and that is why I thought you had a problem with the icons
    But in fact I think that the switch is off in your settings
    upload_2019-3-14_22-49-28.png
    I seem to update a great deal these days and forgot to change the version number :)

lorddesu likes this.
  17. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

Same bug with https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-hierarchy-pro-auto-highlighter.481188/page-3#post-3601555
    And it kills hierarchy.
    Win10, Unity 2018.3.7f1

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:469)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:483)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:679)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:605)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.DoTreeView (System.Single searchPathHeight) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:744)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:577)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoSceneHierarchy () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:149)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:133)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at D:/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

18. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, yes, this terrible bug has been haunting me since 2017.2. Unity changes return line to throws exeption line, so back then 2017.2, I inserted re-initialization methods everywhere.
    So I decided to go back with 2018.3 to smoth working, and the last 20.5 update added a lot problems like this,

I can mail you a fix, or you can wait tomorrow, it should be available at noon

[16.03.2019] v20.6
    FIXES:
    - fixed exceptions after duplication operation or unfolding of item
    for 2018.3.
    - fixed hidding of BottomBar after searching or editing a prefab operations for 2018.3.
    fixed MonoBehaviour icons replacment by the Transform icon during PlayMode.
    - fixed inheritance problems for all variables and classes of the PlayModeKeeper module and
    - fixed problems of saving 'extern' variables UnityEngine.Object type for Unity
    components for the PlayModeKeeper module.
    - added ability to change the alpha color for BG Сhess.

Ah, and yes, you can just scroll the hierarchy, that's should help with hierarchy's killing

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  19. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

I updated to 20.6, but the bug still there

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:469)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:483)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:679)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:605)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.DoTreeView (System.Single searchPathHeight) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:744)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:577)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoSceneHierarchy () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:149)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:133)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at D:/unity/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at D:/unity/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at D:/unity/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

20. mr_duke

mr_duke

Can you write sequence of your actions that have resulted in this exception, please?

In case if this exception throws frequently, you can turn off the Bottom Bar in the settings so that should help. Perhaps setting the lines height may help, you may try to set it to the default value "16"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  21. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

If it show again, I will post it here. I must go to bed now

22. mr_duke

mr_duke

Ok, I apologize for this, anyway I will try to completely solve this problem shortly (most likely this week); I just have to figure out another way.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  23. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

In "AllDone" demo of InventoryPro, dragging items in bag triggers this bug.
    I mush go to bed, I will be back after 12 hours.

24. mr_duke

mr_duke

Mr. ANUBISKONG, thank you for your help. I can only advise right now, to try to disable Bottom Bar or try to keep it in a collabsed state.

25. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

I tried again. InventoryPro change gameobject trees by code, and if bottom bar covers the changed trees, the bug shows.
    I know it's a hard bug to fix, so, how about a detour, such as changing the bottom bar to a standalone window, or push the content of hierarchy away from the bottom bar covering area.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  26. mr_duke

mr_duke

I think I figured out a way to fix UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected for any cases :) The solution was quite simple.

There's one helpfull callback onChanged event for hierarchy, but a long time ago I tryed to subscribe to, but then it didn't work properly and didn't have been useful for me. But right now onChanged works just fine, I add my fix function, and it looks like it works 100% of the time.

Thank you mery much helping me solve this very important problem! I ran publish the update^^

27. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

Nice job and can't wait

28. mr_duke

mr_duke

Done :) How many contradictions there were with it bug, but still I'm tempted to say it's 100% works

[19.03.2019] v21.6E
    • new "UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected" Fix
    • fixed after rebooting Unity, User Interface resets
    • added internal Icons to bookmarks, if 2018.3

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  29. ANUBISKONG

ANUBISKONG

No error message for now. :cool:

30. haleler51

haleler51

I bought this recently and imported it into my project. Immediately I get a repeating red error in the console (999+):

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source
    System.Linq.Enumerable.TryGetFirst[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate, System.Boolean& found) (at <1b13ba6391c74847bbc3eddc86df7eee>:0)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <1b13ba6391c74847bbc3eddc86df7eee>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+MOI_Adapter.get_M_CustomIcons () (at <49a713d58ba542ba92b2ab725b0adc33>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.UpdateCb () (at <49a713d58ba542ba92b2ab725b0adc33>:0)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)
    Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using the most recent version of Hierarchy Pro with Unity 2018.3.9f1. I imported the asset into a 100% clean and blank Unity project. I also deleted the .unitypackage file and re-downloaded/re-installed to ensure that the error wasn't due to a random corrupt archive from Asset Store.

31. mr_duke

mr_duke

I really don't know how I can be of any assistance. I tried several ways to install the latest version from the asset store, but this did not cause any errors.
    I'm going to add an additional conditions in UpdaceCb method. If you succeed to solve this issue please let us know what was the problem, also if you want we can make refund.

32. haleler51

haleler51

Hmm, that's too bad. I also tried creating a new project using 2018.3.8f1, and it still gave me the same error the second Hierarchy Pro started to compile.

I'll hold off on a refund for now. Maybe it's something that will get accidentally cleared up somewhere down the line.

33. mr_duke

mr_duke

I tried to solve the problem in the new update (but I'm not sure your issue was fixed) I thought I'd ask you to send me packed empty project with pre installed hierarchy asset that throws an exeption, if it's not much trouble. Although I have been thinking if, maybe it's mac only issue.

This is a list of updates for the new version:
    [25.03.2019] v21.6X
    • new "UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected" Fix
    • fixed after rebooting Unity, User Interface resets
    • added internal Icons to bookmarks, if 2018.3
    • [Unity 2019.1-2019.2] - full support
    • [CustomMenu] - CustomMenu's HotKeys also work in other windows (you can select windows in settings window) - added ability to use ',' '.' '/' ... etc keys as shortcuts for CustomMenu - fixed and improved problems with rightclick opening the CustomMenu - added examples menu items (Group (Average Center) / Group (World Center) / Group (First Center) / Move To Parent) [Other]
    • - Some attempts to fix first initialization issues
    • - fixed OpenSource initialization window issues if save in "External Folder"
    • - fixed OpenSource id issues if save in "External Folder"
    • - fixed "GetRawTextureData" exeption for personal skin

34. haleler51

haleler51

I've been using a PC.

I'd like to report that the new update seems to have fixed my problem. It loads up just fine now; I see the new UI automatically pop into the editor. I've tested it on a blank project as well as a busy not-so-blank project. Thanks for the update.

mr_duke likes this.
  35. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Hello,
    upload_2019-3-27_10-27-36.png
    Deleted the old version, downloaded the new version. Unity 2018.2.20f1 Mac OS Mojave 10.14.

36. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, I just tried it and 2018.2.20 and 2018.2.21 works like a charm

I think the problem is that you have installed a version for 2018.3
    So I don't know how this could possibly happen, but I can advise you to download the Hierarchy via AssetStore windows in the unit 2018.2.20, but it is not to be helped, you may try removing hierarchy packages in the AssetStore cache and try to download it again, I think there's been some kind of technical issue that it installs a higher version

37. mr_duke

mr_duke

This is a list of updates for the new version:
    [01.04.2019] v21.7
    FIXES:
    • fixed very important exception "Hierarchy plugin clitical initialization exception A" sometimes that did not allow the plugin to start
    • fixed important EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy_GUI.get_adapter() exeption
    • fixed window alignment when using multiple monitors when the editor is not on the first screen
    • fixed window clamping if position is less than 0
    • fixed colors displaying for custom icons for hierarchy window
    • fixed colors displaying for custom icons in the bottom panel and in the search window
    • fixed left indent for background colors and names if 2019.1 2019.2
    • fixed name color shift if line height is odd if 2019.1 2019.2
    • fixed the ability to add custom icons for project window, before it was not available due to the new interface (opensource)
    • added a method that uses name paths in case the guid was lost, for example, when transferring a project (opensource)
    • fixed menu item "collapse selected"
    • fixed last selection list updating when using bookmarks
    NEW:
    • added the ability to save the last selection before closing the scene, the option can be enabled in the settings
    • last selection and bookmarks now not have a limit of 20 objects

red2blue likes this.
  38. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

bug report:
    there are numerous errors when you try to use Sprite Mask Component

39. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, could you provide some more detailed information about what's wrong? I don't actually use sprites, so I created a scene, added a sprite added a mask, seems to be all right.

40. BTStone

BTStone

Hey there,
    loving your tool, such a timesaver :)

I noticed a weird bug with the latest version though. Using Unity 2017.4.22f1 and I noticed that, when I have a MonoBehaviour which has this EditorCode:

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    EditorGUIUtility.PingObject(gameObject);
    #endif

The whole editor goes like this:

Capture.PNG

And it's really cumbersome to navigate through the project. When I restart the Editor it's fine again, but as soon the Code executes it goes red. And this apparently has something to do with HierarchyPro, when I remove the plugin, everything is fine, when added everything is file until my Code executes. For now I commented that code out, but it would be great if you could look into this :)

41. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thanks for buying and using the plugin. and of course for the kind words. I do miss the compliments ))

I will update the asset, I think it will be available on Tuesday by noon, I added new features and fixed bugs, however, with regard to your problem, I could not reproduce it, and just made some changes to the alleged problem codes parts,

If you still will have a problem, please let me know. because there's a costly way 100% works, in handful

UPDATE: not Tuesday, Wednesday, was late a little

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    BTStone likes this.
  42. mr_duke

mr_duke

Next new and very important update. This has especially been the case with HyperGraph, PlayMode Keeper and Presets Manager. It has not been possible until now ability to work with arrays and structs longest time. But, with 21.0 it's different now.

BTStone likes this.
  43. BTStone

BTStone

@mr_duke
    I don't know if it's already possible, but is there a way to interact with the loaded scenes in Hierarchy? What I mean:
    does HierarchyPro provide any functionality to unload/load scenes in the SceneView, for example, when I have five scenes in the SceneView that I can quickly select a scene and unload it. For now I have to rightclick the scene and choose the action, would be awesome if HierarchyPro could do that :)

44. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, sorry, slept in a little, I not getting that vibe, man. Do you mean a hot key or something?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  45. BTStone

BTStone

@mr_duke
    Nah, not a hotkey, just a button. HierarchyPro provides a button to quickly disable/enable GameObjects, basically the same for loading/unloading/removing scenes in the Hierarchy :)

46. mr_duke

mr_duke

Akh, here is it that! And this is really, why the scene has no button. This needs to be remedied =) Thank you for that suggestion

BTStone likes this.
  47. BTStone

BTStone

Awesome, all the hugs and kisses if you implement that feature :D

48. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, I really love this Hierarchy Pro asset but recently I found that it's adding significant amount of time to enter the Play mode. Here is the profiling result. It shows that Hierarchy_GUI.Instance() eating up more than 15% of time from EnterPlayMode. Is it absolutely necessary to initialize the instance in the game play?
    I would like it to check if game play is active and to skip it if it's possible.

Thanks.

upload_2019-5-12_11-43-15.png

tosiabunio likes this.
  49. mr_duke

mr_duke

hmm, I wonder why it restarts initialization, thanks for the report and the purchase!
    I fixed it. A new update will be alive tomorrow, at noon GMT

[13.05.2019] v21.3
    FIXES:
    - fixed a VERY IMPORTNAT issue for the HIGHLIGHTER, sometimes it had very strange behavior when assigning colors for external and scenes cache both
    - fixed looped initialization, then entering PlayMode
    - fixed colors for external icons
    - fixed sometimes search window moved to min left screen pos
    - fixed build exeption (WebGL for example) sometimes checkboxes for Hierarchy dll was wrongly turned on
    - fixed disabled ping oniconchange, in the new version 2019, a custom icon is not displayed

- OpenSource - fixed description assigment for project window
    - OpenSource - added menu item to revival "external folder cache" for current scene in project view for hierarchy windows
    - OpenSource - now awaliable search by default icons (click on the folder to search using custom icons) for project window
    - OpenSource - fixed lazy initialization issues for project window
    - OpenSource - fixed perfomance issue (there was #if PROJECT tag that slowdowned behaviour) for hierarchy windows
    - OpenSource - fixed bookmarks window filter by type, disabled case sensitive for project window

Thanks for that quite interesting observation and research this problem, in general, the overall performance is still only in the plans, of course there are a great plans, but so far this asset does not work very well =), so I haven't finalized any of the details yet.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  50. chrisk

chrisk

Awesome!! thank you very much for the quick fix.
    Cheers!