Search Unity

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Allenz8512

Allenz8512

Assets\Plugins\HierarchyPro\Editor\Scripts\ModsScripts\Integrated Mods\ToolBarModification\ToolBarModification.cs(277,39): error CS1061: 'HotButtons' does not contain a definition for 'DrawButtonsOnTopBar' and no accessible extension method 'DrawButtonsOnTopBar' accepting a first argument of type 'HotButtons' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

import in 2021.1.28

2. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yep. Thanks! I updated hierarchy today.

You can remove this 277 line and also you should remove another one around 372

3. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This video was made using this asset, it is one of the first things I load before I start any project.

Third in the Apollo’s Dream series, we make these for all people to find some peace and beauty in this world of chaos. We hope you enjoy it.

mr_duke and Stexe like this.
  4. mr_duke

mr_duke

It is new 2022.1 important update, it will be aewaliable tomorrow
    • 1 - Fixed issue with saving additional hierarchy data
    • 2 - Fixed issue with unload/load scene
    • 3 - Fixed CLOSING windows problems
    I got a little sick and could not fix the problems in time, I apologize to all of you for such a deadline. I hope you will be happy with the asset as it was before

Important update 2022.1:
    • 1 - Fixed issue with saving additional hierarchy data (It is I was sick a little, and forgot to make changes for saving asset methods)
    Also now assets uses special saving behaviour that keep changes in the ram and activates save only if you save the dirty scene
    • 2 - Fixed issue with unload/load scene, I see it is a long-standing problem, problem was in the cache, scenes change instance ids,but asset is trying to use old ids
    • 3 - Fixed CLOSING windows problems, It seems the closing problem relates to new unity version, I added additional cheking for that
    • 4 - Fixed toolbar buttons and improved customization methods
    • 5 - and some other improvments

p/s, you also can try a new postprocessing assets, it is the first release: https://forum.unity.com/threads/sal...21-new-beta-firstlaunch.1203676/#post-7689028

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  5. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

hello, great asset (10/10!!)

however, I have noticed something strange for compiling with burst/ilcpp

within a fresh project, and inside your project ../HierarchyPro/ folder, the scripts:
    Custom_RightClickObjetMenu.cs
    Custom_RightHierarchyMods.cs
    Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs
    Functions_DrawnInHier_Example.cs

need a assembly definition reference file to the EMX.HierarchyPro.Editor assembly def to compile everything

not sure why exactly but when i added one to reference that asmdef file it worked

great work regardless thanks again

6. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

My Custom Icon and Label is occasionally reset themself. What could it possibly be?
    I have to restart unity to make it appear again
    Using Unity 2020.3.31f

7. etiennechom

etiennechom

2022.1.0b9 got 149 compilation errors, cannot find EMX

8. JeffreyStrate

JeffreyStrate

Seid 2021.3 ISSUS

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002da] in <780782bc035845f9909cebbd4c983ae3>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <780782bc035845f9909cebbd4c983ae3>:0
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Assets\Obi\Scripts\Common\Utils\Attributes\VisibleIf.cs(15,22): warning CS0414: The field 'VisibleIf.eventMethodInfo' is assigned but its value is never used

Assets\Plugins\HierarchyPro\Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs(125,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InitializeOnLoadMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Plugins\HierarchyPro\Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs(125,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InitializeOnLoadMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Ich habs erstmal löschen müssen-

9. emptybraces

emptybraces

Asset does not work.
    This need to "Enable HIerarchy Pro" checkbox switch after start editor and after every compiling...
    2021.2.13f1

10. AGregori

AGregori

Last updated on 7 Feb, it defo needs a fresh update for Unity 2021.2.x and 2021.3...

Stexe likes this.
  11. andylewisart

andylewisart

It's not clear what the full consequences are of doing this yet, but I was able to build by commenting out the entirety of the Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs script. It seemed to be an example script only...

12. Huacanacha

Huacanacha

What's with all the cruft this asset adds to your project? A do nothing placeholder toolbar (nothing to do with hierarchy) that just adds visual noise with zero functionality, and worst of all breaking builds by placing untested WIP sample code in the asset root (one using Editor code in Runtime code blocks which of course won't compile when building).

I love the hierarchy functionality, but this is really sloppy and looks like it's been in the asset since February (5 months).

Is the asset still maintained?

13. grimmy

grimmy

Hi, I cant build my Android project in Unity 2021.3.3f1. I just get the following error:

Assets\Plugins\HierarchyPro\Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs(125,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InitializeOnLoadMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Need urgent fix please! :)

14. Stexe

Stexe

Agreed. Having some issues with it now when I'm testing 2021.3 to update my project.

Looks like it is missing some functionality (or at least I don't know where it is) from a few years ago. Liked having the a quick swap button to switch scenes, but it keeps bugging out and just adding a new version of the scene instead of adding a quick swap button for it.

Oh well... really enjoyed this but it seems very bloated and lacking updates now. Hopefully the creator will come back and take a look at fixing these.

15. AxonGenesis

AxonGenesis

I encountered the same build issues mentioned above, using Hierarchy Pro 2022.1.4 and Unity 2021.3.9f1, freshly installed and building with default settings on Windows.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Plugins\HierarchyPro\Custom_TopBarOnGUI.cs(125,6): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InitializeOnLoadMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Fixing this leads to more similar errors, so rather than chase them all down I have worked around it simply by putting the whole HierarchyPro folder inside /Plugins/Editor/. Is there any use case where HierarchyPro would be needed in a build outside of the editor?

16. mr_duke

mr_duke

I am very sorry about this, I had a suicide attempt, maybe you will understand me, but now I have begun a completely new stage in my life, now our site is not working, my hosting has been blocked in my country, and I also do not receive email messages

while I can't restore it because I can't access the site, my paypal account is also blocked and credit cards are also not accepted

I will restore everything and correct all the mistakes, forgive me for being so stupid. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.

Now i can offer a voucher if you want
    ASV-GTTR-9WAR-DGJE-FEDD-GQQP Full Collection EM Assets:
    ASV-WRFD-Q36U-GNKG-6PT4-KA7G Full Collection EM Assets:
    ASV-AMG3-XCGK-D7J3-36VD-6PRM Full Collection EM Assets:
    ASV-TK39-P7MJ-MPDG-X7UY-YDNG Full Collection EM Assets:
    ASV-XTKJ-9URQ-DPA6-QJXG-AVY7 Full Collection EM Assets:

You can also contact me via private conversation on the forum

17. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Please just look after yourself. Assets aren't as important as your mental health.

Stexe and mr_duke like this.
  18. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes take care! And happy to hear your are now in completely new stage in your life!

mr_duke likes this.
  19. UnitySynopsis

UnitySynopsis

My words of encouragement to you!

mr_duke likes this.
  20. AGregori

AGregori

@mr_duke More power to you, mate. In fact I tried to delete my bad review from the UAS when I read your reply there, but Unity doesn't allow me to delete it. :confused: I'll try again later.

mr_duke likes this.
  21. mr_duke

mr_duke

Oh dear @AGregori, I am no means something like that, people will know that there are problems with the assaet, anyway thank you!;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    AGregori likes this.
  22. Stexe

Stexe

Sorry to hear about all this. Just stay calm and don't worry about a Unity asset. Things will get better and all these issues are tiny in the grand scheme of things. Your health is the most important thing so take some time off and relax.

Note: All the codes have been claimed it seems. Not a big deal but thought others should be aware of it.

mr_duke likes this.
  23. dock

dock

'Hierarchy 2' has a very convenient feature of toggling the enabled status with middle click.
    Is it possible to setup MMB functionality like this on Hierarchy Pro?

Stexe and mr_duke like this.
  24. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

@mr_duke Thank you again for your tools. They do make Unity easier to use.
    This latest video would have been a nightmare without Hierarchy Pro! I hope you enjoy it and it brings you a smile.:)

mr_duke and Stexe like this.
  25. mr_duke

mr_duke

dsilverthorn and Stexe like this.
  26. BIGTXY

BIGTXY

Dear Devlopers

Can we expect a feature to align componets icons from the right ?
    upload_2023-2-21_0-31-59.png

Kind of like this, it reallys help to make my hiearchy cleaner and easy to locate the prefab i want to find from the hierarchy

Stexe likes this.
  27. Bezoro

Bezoro

I currently use Enhanced Hierarchy 2.0 + Rainbow Folders + Rainbow Hierarchy for color coding things.
    I have found a limitation however. I want to be able to change the icon and/or background color and/or name color of objects in the hierarchy and project view based on attached scripts. So if a prefab has a 'Player.cs' script attached it looks a particular way, or prefabs with an 'Enemy.cs' script all look a articular way, etc... both in the hierarchy and project view, for easier parsing.
    I was wondering if this asset can do that?

Stexe likes this.
  28. Stexe

Stexe

I recently upgraded our project to Unity 2021 and was wondering what would be the easiest way to get the more traditional and simplified layout of Hierarchy Pro from 2019? I really enjoyed the functionality and layout of the older one and haven't been able to find an easy way to replicate it with the newer version of this asset.

Trying to get something similar to this functionality. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: Managed to get it after a lot of number fiddling and some other tweaks. Wasn't too hard just took some time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  29. Ninquiet

Ninquiet

Just wanted to say Thank you for your amazing job :D, and if you decide to expand the Hypergraph into a new asset with some new things I would totally buying that too <3

30. AxonGenesis

AxonGenesis

Hello! I'd like to let you know what your support links for Hierarchy Pro are not working and the site appears to be down:
    https://emem.store/wiki

I am having some trouble with Hierarchy Pro in Unity 2023.1.16f. The following error is shown repeatedly:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.LayoutsMod.get_get_defaults () (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/LayoutsMod.cs:540)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.LayoutsMod.GET_SAVED () (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/LayoutsMod.cs:669)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.LayoutsMod.DrawLayers () (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/LayoutsMod.cs:173)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.ToolBarModification.draw_by_index (System.Int32 index) (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/ToolBarModification.cs:928)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.ToolBarModification.draw_swapped (UnityEngine.Rect _b1, System.Boolean swap) (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/ToolBarModification.cs:948)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.ToolBarModification.gui_method_right (UnityEngine.Rect& _b2) (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/ToolBarModification.cs:995)
    EMX.HierarchyPlugin.Editor.Mods.ToolBarModification+<>c__DisplayClass21_1.<_install>b__2 () (at Assets/Plugins/HierarchyPro/Editor/Scripts/ModsScripts/Integrated Mods/ToolBarModification/ToolBarModification.cs:419)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render () (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <7560b3fd96a94ceb8541209b2fe74c21>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <b2222ed901214c568795aebc00315538>:0)

andreiagmu likes this.
  31. rrtc26

rrtc26

I have this error to the build for Android:
    The type or namespace name 'InitializeOnLoadMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Removing the plugin is my current solution
    I need help