Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hierarchy Pro & Project Too:
    extended em pack 2021

[ This asset has come a long way since it was first published: ]
    HSF30002.png

[ A couple of useful stuff: ]
    HSF30003.png

[ And the most important part: saved data. ]
    • All cache is stored separately from the scenes, no any data will be saved in the scene,
    • Asset creates only temporarily session data, for current editor session only.
    • You can safely copy your scene to anyone, who don't have this asset without any problems.
    ( to get more information about how ‘Cache’ works, check the ‘Cache’ section on the https://emem.space/wiki )
    HSF30001.png

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.01: NEW:
    Header:
    - Dynamic width adjustment
    - Bind Header To The Top - Toogle
    - Settings in GenericMenu Content:
    - Filter selection by component
    - Ctrl+CLICK functions

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.02: FIX:
    - Optimizer broadcasting texture "error" message
    - MonoScript selection window exeption
    - Column alignment
    - Hidden scene settings icon

4. Nyuchen

Nyuchen

I really like this Asset, nice price and enough functions for my needs. Thank you. :3
    I love the customization with personal icons, colors, descriptions and more.
    You can control the components via Hierarchy and hide components you dont want to see all the time.

My suggestions for an update would be to add support for the light UI Skin because the lock and enable icons are too bright if you not using the Dark UI Editor Skin. a padding value for the distance between the component icons would be nice too. :)

Here is a little Bug Report to help out:
    1. You wrote ""LEFT CLILCK FOR CHANGE" inside a settings image, little spelling mistake.

2. The Opacity of the text is not correct by moving the parts too much to the left. (Image 1) but if i click on the point to change the menu-border, it will goes fully visible again. i didnt changed the position and had it transparent before i clicked. (Image 2)

This asset is a must have for easy and fast management in your scenes. :3

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Deniz-B likes this.
  5. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi 'LadyNyuuu'

We'll check icons for the light UI and will add customize padding for icons
    About opacity - we will try to ensure its inclusion in the next, but it's a bit of a hassle:oops:

Thank you for choosing our plugin, and we were pleased to see that you're satisfied!!:)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  6. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.11 (3 august 2017)
    NEW:

- Customizable FONT SIZE!
    - Custom HOTKEYS for "Custom Generic Menu"
    - New item example "Dublicate Near" for "Custom Generic Menu"
    - New items example "Group/Ungroup" for "Custom Generic Menu" (RightClickObjectLeftMenu_Example.cs)
    - HOTKEYS for fast switch between selections Ctrl+Shift+Z / Ctrl+Shift+Y
    - New method 'NeedExcludeFromMenu' in IGenericMenu interface
    - Null-object and Missing-component icons for object

v1.1
    NEW:

- (FEATURES) Navigator for Selecting and Fast Scenes Switcher
    "You can store Selections of GameObjects"
    "You can switch between recently selected GameObjects"
    "You can switch between recently selected Scenes"
    "You can interact with other windows"

- Great Performance Improvement
    - Now the component icons can be placed next to the GameObject name
    - Performance tuning for Optimizer
    - Right click on empty tags or layers opens a search window without filters
    - Other minor things...^^

7. Dong-Phung

Dong-Phung

Hi Mr Duke.
    Your asset look really useful.
    I read that your asset requires Unity 5.5.0 or higher.
    But my project still work in Unity 5.3, and i cannot upgrade to Unity 5.5.
    So is there any possible way to use your asset in Unity 5.3 ?
    Hope to get your response soon.
    Thanks.

8. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi 'Dong-Phung'

I'm so sorry, unfortunately, there're lots difference of api
    Since the early stages we decided to use 5.5 and above:(
    Even though i now began to think about it, but not anytime too soon. And If Is it even possible at all.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  9. Polemus

Polemus

Does anyone experience your editor slowing down after installing this?

My editor is unresponsive 20% of the time, and i always have the spinning icon at the bottom right of my editor indicating that something is either compiling or busy being processed.

10. Curwen

Curwen

I have the same problem on 2017.1.0f3. Importing this package causes the editor to constantly rebuild the code. Uninstalling for now.

EDIT: It seems in my case the Odin Inspector & Serializer is conflicting with Hierarchy Pro. Removing Odin fixes the problem. The developer of Hierarchy Pro is working on trying to find a way to have those two play nice together.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  11. Dee_Lucky

Dee_Lucky

12. mr_duke

mr_duke

If you are reading this and are going to buy a plug-in, please refrain. There are some problems. It will be better if you make a purchase in 5 dayso_Oo_Oo_O

13. Polemus

Polemus

... don't let this scare off the rest of the community though.... had an issue and mr_duke sorted it out swiftly with a custom build that he gave me a link to.

14. ranaUK

ranaUK

Issue: with this asset enabled, opening any scene triggers changed flag.

What I mean is, with this asset disabled, I can open any scene; without making any changes I can start on a new scene without any warnings.

With asset enabled, any scene I open has an asterisk next to title in hierarchy and if I start new scene, I get an warning if I would want to save my changes.

I hope that makes sense.

15. mr_duke

mr_duke

so. thanks everyone who downloaded this and supported it!:cool:
    we found numerous deficiencies, but you do not need to worry about it now fixed all known issues

and we won't have upped price in case anyone is wondering.

16. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.15 (21 august 2017)
    NEW:

- Use Control or Alt keys for stored selections to Merge or to Except.
    - Line Height adjustment
    - Customize of split of custom icons
    - Right padding affects everything
    - Hiding the right panel while playing
    FIX:
    - Improved integration
    - Moving an Asset to Another Folder
    - Disabling during rename or search
    - Simultaneous disabling of similar components
    - Different menu items for similar components
    - Disabling renaming after changing the selection
    - ...many minor fixes

17. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hey, that unsaved scene issue seems to be back.

18. mr_duke

mr_duke

I guess that's what happens when you open scene, that had been used with the previous version (
    1.14 and below)
    mail me please if I'm wrong. support@emodules.me

19. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.15 PATCH 1 (23 august 2017)
    FIX:

- Fixed Changes in play mode
    - Fixed missing icons in 5.6.x
    - System.NullReferenceException on initialize

20. MOhi

MOhi

Hi,

First thanks for the awesome asset , it's very cool and smooth.

I just have a question or rather a small issue :D , i create a new scene and just add a sprite ( the sprite is true color no compression and not in texture at atlas) when i set the memory optimizer to show the textures factor it doesn't show the correct texture size it's actually way different and also i don't get all why divide by objects count ? memory usage doesn't decrease when duplicating sprites :D is there's an option to not make it divide by objects count or does it is actually mean something i'm missing ?

21. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, Ok. In the next version I will disable the division by the objects count when the brodcasting is turned off. And what of texture size))) if the readable/writable option is enabled then the texture is duplicated, but apparently for the editor, it is always on. I have added a division by 2 for textures.

22. MOhi

MOhi

ooh thanks for your replay and for clearing this out :) it will be great to have an option to enable/disable division. and thanks for taking into account the read/write duplication i totally forgot this xD.
    thanks man and awesome work on the asset (Y) :)

23. mr_duke

mr_duke

v1.16 (30 august 2017)
    NEW:

- .Net4.6 support
    - Color Highlighter FIX
    FIX:
    - Fixed duplicating descriptions and higlights
    - Fixed hierarchydata.txt is included in the build
    - Fixed missing DescriptionHelperObject.prefab
    - Fixed error at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_Descript.des
    - Fixed double the size of textures

2dgame likes this.
  24. 2dgame

2dgame

Nice to see this plugin evolve! Two things I wish it could do:
    • Ability to scale up appearance of gameobject icons (potentially needs some auto padding on the left side of the gameobjects names)
    • Ability to apply a color to an icon (I have a lot of white on transparent icons I want to use for the hirarchy but it's a little hard to differentiate between them (especially at this size))

25. mr_duke

mr_duke

@2dgame
    , thanx, of course, I guess that'll do.

26. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

@mr_duke I've uninstalled Hierarchy Pro using the create the 'HierarchyClearSavedDataHelper.cs' option.

How can I remove all references to DataHelper so I can delete HierarchyClearSavedDataHelper.cs and not get any warning messages?

Thanks, Steven

27. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, Steven! I'll probably add a button for immediately remove to the next version at the end of the week :rolleyes: I didn't expect anyone wants to remove this :D

I'm sorry for this process cause hardship
    As you begin to remove you can put an underscore at the end of the HierarchyClearSavedDataHelper.cs_ script name to make sure that there are no more warnings

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  28. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

@mr_duke thank you :) Looking forward to the next update.

29. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi @mr_duke, can we have it within Editor folder please. Right now I am getting hierarchydata file in my built folder asset.

30. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, since version 1.16 file has been renamed from hierarchydata.txt. You may update your version if hierarchydata.txt is included in your final build. this one happened because by default, the assembly includes all the text files in assets forlder.
    But the hierarchy plugin cannot be moved into any editor folder. because there you can not place scripts that inherit monobehaviour.
    I have a couple of things in my mind but for this i have to disable a dozen features. probably I'll make a toggle for those who do not need a deep integration

31. ranaUK

ranaUK

@mr_duke, I don't know how your code works internally : but I've got mono files within editor folder myself. From unity doc:

Note: Unity does not allow components derived from MonoBehaviour to be assigned to GameObjects if the scripts are in the Editor folder.

I didn't think you were assigning scripts to gameObject :D

Additional:
    1) Where can I find my installed version number - I thought I have the latest, but I do not have hierarchydata.txt file but hierarchydata file

2) It's not 1994 anymore :D How about a professional ReadMe file which can be viewed in Unity Inspector.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  32. mr_duke

mr_duke

I made some modifications of cache' work in v2.0. Now you can configure them here "windows>hierarchy plugin>settings". And now, version number is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen.
    And as for the detailed ReadMe:) i try to insert images help images in settings menu upload_2017-9-28_17-26-22.png Unless of course that won't be enough we will put in something else

33. mr_duke

mr_duke

v2.00 (28 september 2017)
    NEW:

- New Features "HYPERGRAPH" (You can track the references assigned to the variables of the selected object and the external references to the current object)
    - The ability to display 'Functions' and 'Variables' in hierarchy window using attribute [SHOW_IN_HIER]

- New category 'Sorting_layers'/'Order_in_layer' for SripteRenerers
    - Ability to enable registrator for instancing objects without losing hierarchy custom parametrs
    - Ability to move the object up and down in hierarchy
    - Ability pin a 'Scene icon' to keep it in the same place
    - Ability to add rows for the last and custom selections

- You can use colors for the icons of the 'Left Panel'
    - You can change the size of the icons of the 'Left Panel'
    - You can use colors for custom user icons of the 'Right Panel'

- New interface for settings

- HOTKEYS FOR
    (to move the object up and down in hierarchy)
    (toggle lock state)
    (to unlock all)
    (open/close hypergraph)
    - Skip locked objects clicking through the scene view

- Cache manager for deleting stored data

FIX:
    - an DescriptionHelperObject.prefab is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build
    - erroneous adding whitespace after duplicating a description
    - hotkeys for last selections swither
    - saving interface states after exit
    - changing categories order
    - ...other many minor fixes^^

34. 2dgame

2dgame

Two things i wish were optional:
    • Show/Hide column in the right panel. Not everyone needs it and it's adding a lot of visual clutter. I want to keep the right panel active for tags and layer display, though.
    • Prefab icon in the left panel. Again, not everyone needs this. Personally I only use the color highlighting feature of the left panel.

35. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, thanks, I'll do it in the next update. This will be available in about three days.

MaxPirat and 2dgame like this.
  36. Deleted User

Deleted User

AWESOME!! instantly bought it, even JUST for the icons to the left of the objects...
    id been naming stuff like f_BulletsInScene .. which is like a folder, just an empty, and like for very important objects just like ==-DATABASE_HANDLER-== ... now i dont have to name stuff stupid like that, i just have icons for it!

one thing though
    the Hypergraph is AWESOME, but i wish it could be its own docker window thing, and i wish i could scale the whole size of it up so i can read it better lol, and some of the text is white on grey .. (in Unity Free UIskin)

other than that this is amazing, and thanks for the low price!
    its a thing like everyone should have and for the price, its an instant buy without any possible regret

and the tags and layers in the hierarchy is a LIFESAVER for my current project, i have these complex prefabs with all sorts of children objects with tons of different tags and layers, and i was having to click em each just to see their tags and stuff omg this is great thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
  37. mr_duke

mr_duke

MaxPirat and 2dgame: Sorry for the delayed update. We carried out a total revision of all parts of the program, and some things affected different parts of the program. That was the case like when you change something at first and then guess whether other functions would work properly. So there was a need of a careful and thorough check. We also added the documentation http://emodules.me/wiki and tied it to different parts of the plug-in. We hope you will enjoy the update. At the moment, we are optimizing the work with large scenes and strive to achieve a smooth operation when working with the "> 1000k" objects. We will publish it in the next update. As for the interface, there are already a lot of optimization methods however, there remained room for improvement. We will eventually improve the performance of its components.

BuckyLuis: we introduced changes to the interface. As for a separate window for HyperGraph, we haven’t added it yet but will add in the next update. Also, we need to slightly change the analysis of the references to the selected object, because if there are many such references (>30), small delays may occur. Although these delays last less than a second, they cause some discomfort, and if HyperGraph is in a separate window, then it is assumed that it will update the values on every change of selection. So we will add everything needed in the next update.

As for the price, it turns out that $3 is too much, for some. I think that we’ll remove some functions like "memory analysis," "HyperGraph," "search window" and publish a light version for $2.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  38. mr_duke

mr_duke

Now awaliable new version
    v2.1p1 (09.11.2017)

Had done a great deal to optimize and performance improvement. Multithreaded calculations added

Added ability to place a HYPERGRAPH in the float window and ability to zooming elements

39. mr_duke

mr_duke

v2.2 (30.11.2017)
    NEW:

- New Great Features - "Presets Manager". Manager can save the parameters of components and objects. You can easily select different configurations to achieve the best results.
    - Dockable windows for bookmarks and recently sected objects. Descriptions for Selection Bookmarks.
    - New "Highlighter" Interface.
    - "HyperGraph" were moved out of experimental in 2.2, "HyperGraph" does not slow down the workflow, you can place "HyperGraph" in a dockable window, so now you can drag and drop objects.
    - "PlayMode Data Keeper" can persist UnityObjects, Enable/Disable states, hierarchy of objects, removed or added components and objects.
    - You Can Create "Custom Modules" and place them in the right panel

FIX:
    - registrator behaviour
    - initialization errors
    - hierarchy scrolling
    - Data Keeper object selection behavior
    - hypergraph scrolling
    - hierarchy content padding if cache disable
    - many many other fixes

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    red2blue likes this.
  40. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi, I just purchased this and I think it is awesome!
    I was wondering if there is any way to select a whole hierarchy of a gameobject, as in parent plus all child. Is it possible?

41. mr_duke

mr_duke

42. 00christian00

00christian00

43. liven999

liven999

Hi, I just bought your asset Hierarchy Pro and it looks very good.

I read the documentation and I have a question: regarding right panel / components section, I did not find in the settings the option to group the script icons.

Am I blind? can you help me pls?

44. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having issues!

You can find the grouping here:
    upload_2018-1-10_19-33-26.png

I'm doing a fixes for the new version, and I'll try to re-arrange the menu

45. liven999

liven999

Thank you for your answer, i did'nt see extra option tabs. My bad...

46. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Let me know if you have any further suggestions.
    Many thanks☺︎

47. john_hattan

john_hattan

Grammar cop : In your tooltip, the word you're looking for is "which", and not "witch".

Attached Files:

48. mr_duke

mr_duke

Ahaha:D:D:D Thanks, have to do this now! today i'll... lastly... publish mega update, it will be a huge New Year's Pack of fixes and improvements

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    red2blue likes this.
  49. arvzg

arvzg

Hey @mr_duke I'm having trouble getting the PlayMode data keeper to work.

I've got it selected:

upload_2018-2-19_2-19-36.png

But the button to keep the data doesn't show up:

upload_2018-2-19_2-20-2.png

I've ensured it's all enabled in the Settings too:

upload_2018-2-19_2-20-35.png

50. docsavage

docsavage

@mr_duke,

Thanks for implementing the multiple rows and columns options for scene bookmarks. It's really useful!!!!

Great product this.