Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug 2021.3.19f1 Collider Gizmos fail to appear in scene view

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by swishchee, Jul 6, 2023.

1. swishchee

swishchee

Collider gizmos do not appear in my scene view. I have attempted:
    • Project Settings > Physics 2D > Gizmos > Always Show Colliders
    • Toggled the gizmo visibility in the editor view
    • ensured that the gizmos specific to colliders were enabled in the gizmo menu
    • checked to make sure that the mesh I have selected has a collider on it
    • ensured that the collider in question was not collapsed in the inspector
    • checked the scaling of the parent and child objects (including testing with a plain cube gameobject with a sphere collider)
    • restarted unity (it works just fine in other projects)
    What additional settings can I toggle to make the gizmo visible? For a brief moment, I saw the proper sphere collider wireframe, but then it was gone again upon deleting and re-adding the collider.

:EDIT:
    I am able to get the collider wireframe to appear using the following steps:
    1. select the obj with the collider on it
    2. play the game and watch the object fall in scene view
    3. stop the game
    4. now, the collider wireframe is visible. However, when I deselect the object and reselect it, the collider wireframe disappears again, only ever becoming visible (for a single time) after enabling "play" mode and stopping.

upload_2023-7-6_14-34-30.png

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  2. GediminasR

GediminasR

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Would you kindly please report this issue via the Bug Reporter tool?
    https://unity.com/releases/editor/qa/bug-reporting

Please make sure to write the exact steps needed to be taken so that the reproduction would be visually seen. Also make sure to attach a reproduction project and any visual material so that when testing our CQA team can verify that they got the same results. If you can, please use this template:

How to reproduce:
    1. Open the attached project
    2. Do this
    3. Do that
    4. Select this
    5. Observe that

Expected result: Something is visible, something is printed or something happens
    Actual result: The opposite of what I expect happens

Reproducible with: Editor version I am using (e.g: 2021.3.xf1)

Reproduced on: The OS I am on (e.g: Windows 11, macOS Ventura 13.1 (Intel/Silicon))