Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved 2021.3.16f1 Blank errors and compiler issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GeekStories, Jan 5, 2023.

1. GeekStories

GeekStories

I have no idea how this happened or what even is happening to be honest. I open Unity to do some work and I am getting these blank errors which are causing compiler issues in my project. I was using Unity earlier in the day and it was working just fine.

upload_2023-1-5_20-15-51.png

this is the view I am getting in my console every time I open the project.

I've tried reimport-all, reinstalling the engine, installing a different version.

One solution I came across while googling was something to do with a file called "unity_csc.bat". However the file doesn't exist in my installation (even after reinstalling it). I've seen others note that their antivirus was blocking the file, but this isn't the case for me. Windows Defender hasn't reported anything and I don't have any other antivirus installed.

I'm not sure what to do.

Cheers

SOLUTION
    I came across another post that was discussing the same problem. It mentioned that Anaconda (python tool) was messing with the CMD and causing this issue.

For me, there was a folder in my Documents named WindowsPowerShell (or something like that, I already forgot). But it contained a file called profile1.ps1 that ran each time a command prompt was started (the cmd error also mentioned the location of this file)

I had uninstalled Anaconda previously however it didn't fully clear out and seems to have caused the cmd prompt to break. So by deleting the profile1.ps1 file, it seems to have fixed my problem with Unity as now the console doesn't fill with blank errors and the scene successfully loads again.

See: Unity Empty Errors on Every Project (Unity 2021.3.2f1)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  2. spiney199

spiney199

Have you tried a clear of the Library folder?

3. GeekStories

GeekStories

I just gave that a go. I deleted the Library folder inside my project, then opened it in Unity. It regenerated the Library folder, however it still pops up with the blank error messages in the console