Search Unity

Feedback 2021.2 regression: Unable to focus Unity editor with single click from Windows taskbar

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Peter77, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I've worked the past two years with Unity 2019.3/.4 and just recently switched to Unity 2021.2 to start a new project.

One major annoyance for me in 2021.2 is that every time I change a Script and want to switch back to Unity by clicking the Unity icon in the Windows taskbar, it not only shows the editor there, but also the "Reload Script Assemblies" progress-bar.

This is very annoying, because I'm no longer able to switch back to Unity with one click. I have to click the Unity taskbar item, then it opens the group view, where I have to reposition my mouse to click the editor item again.

upload_2021-12-29_12-56-49.png

This wasn't the case with Unity 2019.4 where the workflow for programming feels significantly smoother.

PS: This is also true for ALT+TAB, where the "Reload Script Assemblies" entry appears too.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  2. Zoser

Zoser

Yes, this is also really anoying, if you use window with the clasic flat taskbar button. Every time you save an script in an editor all windows moves to the side.
    taskbar.gif

3. aseem-metastudios

aseem-metastudios

This bugs me so much, any solution for this?