Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2021.2.f1 Release Date?

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by castor76, Oct 7, 2021.

1. castor76

castor76

I know there may not be an answer, but I really need to find out when will 2021.2.f1 official version is going to be released.

I use Amplify Shader Editor which is not working for 2021.2 versions and I need official version released so I can ask Amplify to update their package. They are currently not supporting beta version.

There may not be an exact answer ofcourse.. but any ETA? guesstimate on when it may be released?

Any idea?

NotaNaN, Ferazel, R2-RT and 3 others like this.
  2. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

History shows that the last tech release of the year is usually released around December.

3. Ferazel

Ferazel

Well probably not October since there are already change lists for b16 that I saw elsewhere on the forum. My hope would be mid November and we can get a few patch releases before all the devs go on break. December releases tend to lame duck releases in that they languish all holiday until the devs show up again mid Jan. Leaving a very buggy .0 release for people using for weeks at a time.

castor76 likes this.
  4. DEEnvironment

DEEnvironment

I would suspect 2021.2 should be out of beta in the next few weeks
    The release of B16 means nothing in regards to this as we have seen before the release happen within days of each other as the first quarter ended earlier this year

we shall wait and see

SIGGRAPH 2020
    Unity 2021 Product Release Cycle (March–October 2021)

https://magazine.renderosity.com/article/5984/unity-reveals-2021-roadmap-product-release-schedule

5. castor76

castor76

Fingers crossed it will be soon!

newguy123 likes this.