Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2021.2 Beta Sweepstakes - Your chance to win an NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3090

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by LeonhardP, Aug 23, 2021.

1. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The submission period for the sweepstakes has ended and we will pick the winners as soon as all submissions have been evaluated.

Hi everybody,

With the initial release of 2021.2.0b1 on June 21, we also kicked off our accompanying beta sweepstakes which give you the chance to win one of two NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3090 GPUs. Our partners at NVIDIA are providing these GPUs to celebrate the release of HDRP's native DLSS support in preview.

To enter the draw, all you have to do is identify and report at least one original bug during the 2021.2 beta cycle while the submission period is open. The contest is open from June 21, 2021 at 9am PST and the submission period ends Sunday October 2, 2021 at 5pm PST.

An original bug is one that had not yet been reported at the time of submission and has been reproduced and acknowledged by Unity as a bug. Make sure to add #Beta2021Win_NVIDIA to your bug reports to make it clear that you'd like to enter the sweepstakes.

If you entered a valid submission while the submission period was open but didn’t initially tag it with #Beta2021Win_NVIDIA, you can do that retroactively until the end of the submission period by replying with the tag to the confirmation email you received after submitting the report. Every additional valid submission increases your odds at winning but no participant can win more than one GeForce RTX™ 3090.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. See the full rules here. We will contact the winners directly.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Hey Leonhard, will adding the #Beta2021Win_NVIDIA tag to more bug-reports increase the chance of winning, or doesn't it make any difference if I add it to lets say a single bug-report only?

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hey Peter, the odds of winning are subject to the total amount of eligible entries received. So every original bug discovered in 2021.2b that was reported and tagged during the submission period increases your chances.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    makaka-org and Peter77 like this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Thank you for the reply.

I guess I just made someone in the QA team very unhappy, because I added #Beta2021Win_NVIDIA to about 15 reports, which now all appear as open again.

Sorry to whoever has to take a look at it!

5. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Good luck! I won the sweepstakes back in one of the older draws, just keep at it. Unfortunately I haven't found many bugs yet (probably a good thing for Unity :D)

jiraphatK, makaka-org and LeonhardP like this.
  6. DrewFitz

DrewFitz

How do you add the tag to an already-submitted report?

7. Rallix

Rallix

See here:

To paraphrase, just send an additional email to the Unity bug report email with 'Case [Number]' in the subject, and mention the tag in the text of the email.

DrewFitz and LeonhardP like this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

We're almost done processing all submissions for the sweepstakes. I expect that we will be able to draft the winners next week. Please stay tuned for further updates.

m0nsky, Bastienre4, DrViJ and 4 others like this.
  9. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

I didnt know about this and missed out :(

10. Kolja_Lubitz

Kolja_Lubitz

Hope for the best. LEGO or Nvidia

11. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Congratulations to Laurent Lavigne (@laurentlavigne) and Kichang Kim (@Kichang-Kim) for winning the 2021.2 beta sweepstakes!

The GeForce RTX™ 3090s are on their way to you.

Special thanks to our partners at NVIDIA for making this possible with their sponsorship.

Stay tuned for the upcoming 2022.1 beta sweepstakes.

12. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Thanks Leo!

makaka-org and LeonhardP like this.