Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug 2021.2 Alpha HDRP device removal with D3D11

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by undevable, Feb 26, 2021.

1. undevable

undevable

Hi. On Wednesday, I downloaded the 2021.2 Alpha and created a new HDRP project. When it opened (after a long 6 minutes), and clicked play, everything worked fine. But when I clicked the Play button again to exit out of play mode, an Error about the D3D11 Swapchain issue occurred (picture is shown below).

Note: When I started the HDRP project, I got many Warning Messages in the console about how a file wasn't found so Unity created the file.

Thanks to everyone who posts below. All help/comments are appreciated.

Attached Files:

• Bug.PNG
      Bug.PNG
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
  2. undevable

undevable

Another Note: A similar problem like this happened to me with the LTS 2019 version: When I click play, everything freezes, and Unity crashes. I could not fix the problem, but in the 2018 LTS version, the HDRP all worked fine for me. Could this possibly be an issue with the way Unity's HDRP package is installed on my computer? Because I even tried reinstalling Unity entirely, but the problem for the 2019 LTS persisted.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @mmnagelia,

There are multiple possible causes for issues like these.

As potential workarounds, please try the following:
    -Update your GPU drivers
    -Uninstall GeForce Experience
    -Disable any app used to monitor framerate
    -Uninstall or reinstall NVIDIA Audio drivers

Some users recently reported that turning off various NVIDIA settings helped with similar crashes.
    Steps to restore the settings to the default state:
    1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
    2. Select Manage 3D settings
    3. Click the "Restore" button

One more thing to mention, if you're using any VPNs/proxies, please try disabling them and see if it helps.

If the issue persists, please submit a bug report with the project attached to it.

undevable likes this.
  4. undevable

undevable

Thanks for helping me. However, I don't have the NVIDIA graphics driver; instead, I have an Intel graphics driver. Could this possibly be why this is happening? Also, my computer is pretty old (4-5 years old), so is that maybe why this error is coming?
    Thanks.

5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, it's not possible to tell what's causing it without more information. If the steps above don't help (the ones you're able to perform), please submit a bug report so our QA team can have a look.

6. undevable

undevable

I already submitted a bug report.