Search Unity

2021.2.3f1 (Official Release) "Importing Assets Error" when navigating scene or editor.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zak666, Nov 22, 2021.

1. zak666

zak666

Working on a scene and moving objects around and "Importing Assets???"
    Yes I am NOT importing anything, just working on a scene and moving objects around the scene, or dropping assets into the scene. Unity will freeze for 10 Minutes and will say "Importing Assets." Be nice if unity was fast to use but every release it gets slower and even more bogged down and they wont fix it cause they already getting money so they have no reason to go fix things, they need to rebuild unity from the ground up its becoming basically unusable.

Unity is Extremely frustrating to use, and is getting worse and worse. Preview icons for objects and materials still not showing up, basic functionality is not working. I've spent thousands on unity But you cant give me Fast Usable Editor. want it to be good, cause it's easy to use but it's Unusable now.

Should take like a week to make simple game but takes 9 months cause of the freezing and slow editor.

Computer will freeze for 10 minutes or so, when just clicking around the editor or moving simple objects in a scene that's not that big.

Spending money on unity is feeling more and more like a SCAM with every release.

(16 gig Ram Ryzen 3, 1300X Quat Core 3.50GHz ) going to put my memory up to 50 gig or ram and prey that it makes unity faster.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Hawk0077 likes this.
  2. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I agree. It seems Unty have a strategy to cast a wide net to make believe that a novice can create a game using store assets. At this point I have spent near £1000 and have nothing to show for it.

There are far too many issues for anything but a complete expert in unity and coding to deal with all the hassles it spits out.

I just spent more money on the asset store and even the simplest thing is ridiculous to get working.

So I would definitely warn all newbies to not get swept along with the hype..