Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question 2021.1.9f1 Editor gets stuck on "Register Scripts" when opening project.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ScionOfDesign, Jul 3, 2021.

1. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

For some reason, which I cannot seem to identify, my Unity project gets stuck on "Register Scripts" when opening up. If I delete the Library folder and wait for everything to re-import it opens up fine, but then if I try to re-open the project after that it gets stuck again. The logs do not seem to give any helpful information either.
    The only way to actually open my project again is to deliberately break my code to keep it from compiling, and then recompile after the editor is open.

I have tried re-installing the Unity version to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this? What steps can I take to resolve this issue?

2. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

I am still having this issue, anyway I could at least debug this?

3. ScionOfDesign

ScionOfDesign

Turns out it was caused by calling "AssetDatabase.ForceReserializeAssets" on another Asset on initialize in a ScriptableObject.

4. amonraduyev

amonraduyev

Same problem here. Did you find a solution. I can not open my project in any way. What is "deliberately break my code to keep it from compiling, and then recompile after the editor is open." Deleting library folder doesn't work.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  5. Akiprogramator

Akiprogramator

And did you fix it,and if yes how?Because I have 2 year old project and I am trying to open it and it won't open.I am crying now.Can you please help me?

6. Grusio06

Grusio06

Im also having this Problem now

7. hanaaple

hanaaple

Is there any Resolution?
    I have this problem too