Search Unity

2021.1.0f is available in the hub now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadeFromPolygons, Mar 23, 2021.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Does not seem to be announced yet, but its there!

NotaNaN and enzoravo like this.
  2. MDADigital

MDADigital

You can catch all bugs and report here ;)

xVergilx and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Haha :p 2021 seems to have focused a lot on stability, so I am cautiously optimistic! (Obviously its a 0f release so it will have bugs, but I think after a few patches it is a contender to be one of the better unity release cycles if they stick to the plan)

4. MDADigital

MDADigital

We are finalizing our 2020.3.0 migration first. Probably wait until 2021.2 until we move. :D
    I think 2021 will be a pretty easy migration from 2020 atleast. Knock on wood

NotaNaN and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Yes same we only just started 2020.3 migration yesterday though so probably wont be done for a while as its a huge project (my clients not mine), but after that I will be keeping a close eye on 2021....dont think I will actually move anything in production over to it until 2021.3 comes out though just to be safe

NotaNaN and MDADigital like this.
  6. MDADigital

MDADigital

We are still on 2017 in production :p

7. Amon

Amon

It refuses to install stating either the download was corrupted or that an error occurred during installation. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling the hub and reinstalling etc but it doesn't want to know.

8. radiantboy

radiantboy

So I made the jump to 2021.1.0f1 in a back up, after 4 or 5 days of importing (normal hard drive) and upgrading HDRP materials to new ones, it loads. And the long standing gizmo bug that used to kill it for me is fixed. So I too creep cautiously, I hope this one works awesome :))) Seems very responsive but havent actually run my game yet.

Compile issues not too bad but I have a lot of: Handles does not contain a definition for SphereCap, ArrowCap, DotCap, CircleCap etc. Does anyone know what the equivalent is so I can fix these errors?

My interest in 2021 is to see if it fixes HDRP issues im finding in 2019 LTS, like scene goes grey when you pan, build has just black screen. I am also interested due to the lifting of the 4 gig res limit before 2020. So things could be awesome if they all work, fingers crossed.

I have found myself angry and making snide comments about unity a lot, I want to move on from there and stop being so negative. Problem is whena program dominates and ruins your life at the same time it is difficult. Here's hoping :)

EDIT: simple, its CircleHandleCap etc

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  9. radiantboy

radiantboy

Wouldnt work for me form hub either I managed to find the download assistant on their page which worked, I had to hit retry MANY times due to network issues, but I think my wifi network is buggering up so may not be their fault.