Search Unity

2020 upgrade broke bolt?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by zeropointblack, Jan 11, 2021.

1. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

upgraded from 2019 to 2020, managed to hunt down and fix a dozen or so new problems of course you know the usual, KINDA figured out why all my speedtrees are SIDEWAYS now, still trying to figure out why the leaves flap around depending on how FAST i run. cool stuff.

now just trying to figure out what these BOLT errors are all about:
    unity upgrade bolt errors 1.png

ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE? i tried rebuilding etc etc whatever. but still pops up. this IS about BOLT...right? so..... BOLT doesnt work in 2020? or what. the portions of my code still using BOLT still seem to be working.. so what gives?!? am i just not encountering whats broken yet?

2. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

check it out:

unity upgrade bolt errors 2.png

seems UNITY changed random range from min max to min inclusive max inclusive. and previously used bolt connections didnt like it. the one on the top middle left was reconnected. the one on the right is before disconnecting the nodes. well hopefully thats it. this is dumb. upgrading is cool.

3. Adam-Blahuta

Adam-Blahuta

Unity Technologies

Hey there! You're on the right track! Looking at the warnings from the first post, it looks like your graph data is pointing to parameters that no longer exist when grabbing the latest Unity version.

In most cases, you'd want to be aware of such changes in your graphs so you can decide the better way to handle it. But I'll make a note that future versions should try and track which changes we can confidently auto-upgrade for you to cut down on this kind of work.

4. zeropointblack

zeropointblack

that is EXACTLY what i was thinking. instead of the "let god sort em out", kinda method of before. seems doable! i'd do it. all of us and Unity need help from people like you. so rock on.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021