Search Unity

Question 2020.3.20 editor UI change back to old style and dont know what happen

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JacksparrowPhillip, Oct 14, 2021.

1. JacksparrowPhillip

JacksparrowPhillip

dont know what exactly change the editor theme back to the old style , any help?

2. settings?
    screenshot.png

3. Mauri

Mauri

I guess what the OP meant was the visibility of color gradients. As we all know, the Editor uses flat colors everywhere nowadays.

unityflat.png

What did you do when the change happened? Do you think it could be related to a third-party asset that you're using?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  4. JacksparrowPhillip

JacksparrowPhillip

i think so ,but just dont really recall what exactly did this wrong. i tried to create a new project with the same version of the editor, it works fine, the UI element is all flat instead of just old styling

5. JacksparrowPhillip

JacksparrowPhillip

i tried changing the theme and fonts, still didnt work.i tried to create a new project with the same version of the editor, it works fine, the UI element is all flat instead of just old styling

6. You can't really change that, only the light or dark and some colors. If you want to use the 3d gradient style you will need to use that Unity version.

7. Mauri

Mauri

You could try...
    • closing Unity, deleting the Library folder that's inside your Project folder (be sure to make a backup of your Project first, should something go wrong) and open the Editor again. Did that fixed it?
    • removing each third-party asset one at a time and see if the issue vanishes.
      (again, be sure to make a backup of your Project first, in case something goes wrong)