Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

2020.2a18 - limited Shading Modes in URP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Marco-Sperling, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Marco-Sperling

Marco-Sperling

Selecting the shading modes from the scene view control bar only reveals 3 options:
    Shaded
    Wireframe
    Contributors/Receivers

There have been more options available in previous versions (or do I mix that up with the built-in RP?).
    What I am missing here is a mode to show lightmap data only - so it would be easier to identify spots of colored reflectance on my meshes/terrain.
    In fact all GI Visualisation features seem to have been removed or gone elsewhere (where I cannot find them).

Is this mode obsolete in URP?

EDIT:
    Since I used Bakery to create the lightmap with I didn't bother going into the editor's Lighting setting for the scene and thus didn't enable Baked Global Illumination in there.
    That however is a requirement to activate the above mentioned shading modes. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this helps others.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
unityunity