Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.2 next alpha timeline

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Has anyone heard about when the next alpha is coming out. It has been almost three weeks since the last version. I kind of looking forward to the next alpha because dark theme will be in it for everyone. Is there any changes to release schedules?

Srokaaa and ImpossibleRobert like this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

They recently wrote:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/08/13/the-road-to-2021/

Not sure if that applies to the alpha/beta versions, but "doing things better" might affect how long certain things take to reach that new quality standard. Just a thought.

phobos2077 and NotaNaN like this.
  3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Would be fair to give a note to alpha and beta testers on the forums if they are going to skip a release :) Just by looking issue reports, a20 has been used internally for a good while and they are at a21 now. I wouldn't be surprised if a21 or b1 would be the next 2020.2 version we get.

4. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

If they skipped 20 internally might of have a major breaking bug. Another two reasons could be maybe they are switching it to the beta stage that or they could have been waiting on the free dark theme announcement that was made. As long as the update the forum users I have no problem waiting. If they said hey we waiting another week for a reason sure no problem. They just need to warn users before a weekly update becomes a three week update.

5. Dmitry-Pyalov

Dmitry-Pyalov

Recent Unity 2019.4.8 has dark theme already.

6. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

yeah, this is one reason I am looking forward to the next alpha. I been thinking about buying blue light glasses just because Unity light hurts my eyes after a couple hours.

7. b4gn0

b4gn0

To be honest I'm just asking to be able to edit shaders and visual effects using the graph editor.
    Currently it's broken if you have sub groups :(

8. o-san

o-san

I've been looking forward to get the graphics 10.x.x package from the package manager. I imagine 2020.2b will provide that... if not alpha

9. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi everybody,

There was an issue with 20a that kept us from publishing it. 21a should be published later today.

NotaNaN, adamgolden, SugoiDev and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.