Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved 2020.2.0a16 Shader Graph PBR Master Node Options Toggle Broken?

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by adamgolden, Jul 5, 2020.

1. adamgolden

adamgolden

2020.2.0a15: works
    2020.2.0a16: has no effect / does not toggle the options

1. Create New Project, URP Template
    2. Create New Shader, PBR Master
    3. Open the Shader Graph
    4. Click the Options icon at the top right of the PBR Master node

I'm not sure if it's a bug or I just broke the editor somehow since installing.. I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 Editor. Can anyone else confirm the issue?

pbr_master_options_toggle.jpg

Edit: Step 2: Create->Shader->PBR Graph

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Considering 2020.2 is supposed be used with 10.x SRP, it's totally possible stuff like that can break as there's no such thing on 10.x anymore (there's no master nodes like that anymore, things are setup elsewhere).

That being said, there's no public 10.x on package manager atm (there's one preview on github for it). 9.x previews might work on 2020.2 still though and recent 9.0.0-preview uses the new SG setup already.

3. adamgolden

adamgolden

URP 8.1.0 Verified is installed as part of the URP Template - Options toggle shown works in 0a15 but not in 0a16.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Unity doesn't really update these templates much on alphas, in general they don't update the templates until closer to actual release (+ there's really no official 10.x release on PM yet as mentioned so templates have to use older version).

Using SRPs on alphas has always been quite hit and miss. Sometimes we get preview packages/releases that work on them and often the SRP releases officially available just break on new alpha/beta release. Some of the users (including myself) keep using these from Graphics github repo using modified branches where we just assemble combination that works on most recent engine preview.

5. adamgolden

adamgolden

Okay - I'm not well versed in what you're explaining, but in a URP project created prior to 0a16, after upgrade from 0a15 I'm no longer able to view/edit options in the Shader Graph. I'm just using the template for steps to replicate (in the hope to rule out me having done anything in my project that could cause it).

I meant in step 2: Create->Shader->"PBR Graph"

Same issue with Unlit Graph, VFX Shader Graph, Sub Graph, Sprite Lit Graph (Experimental) and Sprite Unlit Graph (Experimental)

If there's no longer a way to view/set these options in the Shader Graph for any type, what should I do?

6. adamgolden

adamgolden

These are the missing options in question (screenshot from 2020.2.0a15):

2020_2_0a15_PBR_options.jpg

7. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

What he's talking about is that Shader Graph got changed for the official HDRP and URP versions for Unity 2020.1 and 2020.2. That means you are using an old version of URP with an editor version that it wasn't really meant to be used with, so the features you expect to work could be broken as a result. This is what Shader Graph looks like now as well as where you will find those settings.

upload_2020-7-5_19-0-14.png

If you are using alpha or beta versions of the editor you would want to be using a matching version of SRP for it. Either from the package manager or from Github. Beta versions usually have an initial package release for it with a further developed package released with the official release of that Unity version. Alpha builds usually don't have packages made for them, therefore you can use the previous versions' package (If it still works) but it's best to use that versions' package which would be from Github.

I suggest updating to the latest package released which is 9.0.0-preview-35 for URP. Although 9.x.x is for 2020.1 and 10.x.x will be for 2020.2, it would be the best working package for 2020.2 rather than the old 8.x.x package made for 2019.3. (Safer to be 1 version behind than 2)

upload_2020-7-5_19-4-1.png

8. adamgolden

adamgolden

Cool - thanks! I've upgraded to 9.0.0-preview.35 through Package Manager. My project appears to have survived the transition unaffected, everything's working in Play Mode and I'll assume for the moment that's the case for builds as well. If there's any further issues they won't be related to this "bug" so I'll change the issue to resolved. Thanks again.

LeonhardP and Grimreaper358 like this.