Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.2.0a16 - Objects don't fall smoothly compared to 2020.2.0a15

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by Deleted User, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@LeonhardP

Basically as it says in the title.

I'm working on the Create With Code project, prototype 5 (see here). At step 4, game objects have a script that send them into the air and fall.

With the same script, they fall smoothly in 2020.2.0a15, they don't in 2020.2.0a16, they seem to stop every second. This is the best description of the problem I can give.

Please, nobody answers that "you should use the recommended version for that tutorial", thank you. :)

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

As always, your best bet is to file a bug report with a simple repro project.

If I had to guess, you are using Mac and are seeing some side effect of this a16 change:
    "Core: Improved Time.deltaTime consistency for Metal graphics API on iOS and macOS"

ROBYER1 likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm on Linux Mint and Mint not being supported, I cannot file a bug report. The problem is not related to Linux since this doesn't happen in a16.

5. JoNax97

JoNax97

Have you considered installing a supported distro for testing out alpha versions? I bet that would be more productive that tagging LeaonhardP in almost every post you make :)

ROBYER1 likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ubuntu doesn't run on my computer. That said you are right, I'd better no longer post anything about things that do not work properly for me. We, who do not use Ubuntu, stink.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Now, it's very easy to reproduce:

1. install a16 and a18,
    2. in both create a new empty project,
    3. on the scene place three objects: a cube, a sphere, a cylinder, at y = 10,
    4. add to each of them a rigidbody,
    5. press Play and compare how they fall in a16 and a18.
    Any Mac or Windows user can do that too, just to see if it happens to them, not forgetting CentOS and Ubuntu users.

This is my last post on that matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

9. Deleted User

Deleted User