Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.1. - Obnoxious behaviour in the project view

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

"All Project Scenes" is a custom search field.

I click on a scene on the right:

Sans-titre-1.jpg

and it's immediately covered before I have the time to click a second time to open it:

Sans-titre-2.jpg

i need to scroll down to be able to open the scene...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
    phobos2077, Peter77 and User340 like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

This behaviour is also in 2020.1.0a22.

3. Player7

Player7

Frankly I'm really disappointed absolutely nothing has been done to improve that entire project window in damn years.

And unlike other areas like the Hierarchy and Inspector view where there are a few addons to improve the features, really nothing has been done for the Project window.

Peter77 likes this.
  4. dgoyette

dgoyette

I don't think this is anything new. This happens in 2019.1, for example. It's easy to reproduce:
    • Type something into the Project windows's search bar.
    • Click on any search result. One of two things will happen:
      • If the complete path to the selected item is short enough to fit into the area at the bottom of the window, then nothing special happens: upload_2020-2-8_1-58-44.png
      • However, if the completed path won't fit into this small space, the giant thing shows up showing the path, which each directory taking up a full line: upload_2020-2-8_2-0-33.png
    I agree this is pretty obnoxious behavior, but it's nothing new, and not alpha/specific.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

It doesn't mean that we must live with it and not ask for this to be changed, does it?

For now, people could come here and post something along the lines of "You see, the size of the part that covers your scenes depends on the default size of the objects that are in that view: push the slider completely to the left and your problem is solved!" Well, no, I don't want to do that.

This list being inactive, they'd better just reduce it by introducing ... in it and keep it on a thin line.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

7. dgoyette

dgoyette

Sure. But this was posted in the 2020.1 Alpha forums, not in the Editor/General forum, so threads here should stay on-topic to alpha-specific issues. Maybe a mod can move this to General instead and let the conversation continue.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Since there will never be a fix for that in 2019, better leave it here... :)

9. dgoyette

dgoyette

That's not what the alpha/beta forums are for. Please take a look at the forum guidelines if you want to be helpful: https://forum.unity.com/threads/wel...release-forum-forum-guidelines-inside.728966/