Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.1 HDRP DXR standalone player not working?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by alloystorm, Apr 8, 2020.

1. alloystorm

alloystorm

I got DXR working in the editor, everything looks great but after building the project it seems ray tracing is not enabled in the player.

Reflections fall back to screenspace reflection and there are quite a bit visual defects here and there.

Is this not ready for building player or do I have somewhere that I didn't set properly?

2. alloystorm

alloystorm

// removed irrelevant info

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  3. alloystorm

alloystorm

The above error seems irrelevant.

I'm getting the same result when opening the HDRP sample project and turn on ray tracing. Everything works fine in editor but ray tracing is not turned on in standalone player.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I'm guessing you are using HDRP 8.0.1? I think it had issues with DXR build for player. It's been fixed on github for a long time but there hasn't been new 8.x releases since.

There is 9.0.0-preview.13 which is still compatible with 2020.1 but I'd only use it for testing.

5. alloystorm

alloystorm

Still no luck with 2020.1b8 and HDRP 8.1, same issue with before, it renders fine in editor but not in player.

I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong? Anyone else getting this issue or has nobody bothered with player and raytracing at all?

6. alloystorm

alloystorm

This is in editor
    Annotation 2020-05-11 120717.png

And this is player
    Annotation 2020-05-11 120927.png

When looking down, the top part of the reflection disappear, which means it's screen space reflection right?
    Annotation 2020-05-11 121007.png

7. alloystorm

alloystorm

Also there is another issue with Shader Graph, the raytraced reflection of custom shader material is all black. Switching to HDRP/Lit shader works fine. In the previously beta I can get it to work by replacing PBR master in the shader graph with Lit Master but not anymore in 2020.1b8.