Search Unity

Bug 2020.1.4f1 Platform StandaloneLinux64 with device OpenGLCore is not supported with High Definition R

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tatsuuuuuuu, Sep 8, 2020.

1. tatsuuuuuuu

tatsuuuuuuu

I'm doing an HDRP vulkan linux project.

I didn't get this error under 2020.1.1f1 version but the current stable 2020 build is giving me this (I can't go back because like an idiot I deleted 2020.1.1f1 and on linux you have what unity hub offers or the shaft. (Unity devs, if you're listening, ideally update either this : https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive or unityHub to have more linux builds, right now the archive hosts 0 linux builds)).

So now I get this error :

Platform StandaloneLinux64 with device OpenGLCore is not supported with High Definition Render Pipeline, no rendering will occur
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

here are my Player settings as you can see I am on Vulkan :
    Screenshot from 2020-09-08 13-02-26.png

I don't know why it could possibly be doing this. I'm on vulkan, with linux (I do target windows also)

please help.

Also I want to know if ui builder works for HDRP?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Remove OpenGLCore from the list of the APIs. It should start working then.

tatsuuuuuuu likes this.
  3. tatsuuuuuuu

tatsuuuuuuu

oh you're right. dammit. I though the order was enough for it to be unloaded from the project.

thanks a billion, man!

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yeah, we should make the error clearer.

tatsuuuuuuu likes this.
  5. tatsuuuuuuu

tatsuuuuuuu

the whole interface is kinda weird. Why isn't it like a drop-down with a tick box instead? this way people would instinctively tick Vulkan and untick OpenGL. if you tick two THEN you could have the order box show up.

Also why isn't Vulkan default on linux? who in their right mind starts a project in 2020 on a linux OS in OpenGL? It's being deprecated on all phones as an example of how out of scope OpenGL is.

That being said if you start an HDRP project it does correctly start it with vulkan.

6. justkittenaround

justkittenaround

Okay, this is all very fine and well and thank you, but how does one actually do this?

7. tatsuuuuuuu

tatsuuuuuuu

select it and press the delete key, I'm saying this from memory, I can't test right now