Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

2020.1.2f1 : Unity Collaboration randomly gone.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Shaltna, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Shaltna

Shaltna

2 days ago the collaboration tab decided to remove itself from the application in its entirety. I tried searching for it within Unity (including tabs, project settings, and external sources like Unity dashboard) and restarting Unity itself all to come back to the same place. I'm still a part of the project and I can still get within it too. I just can't commit or submit any of the changes I have made because the tab and option is not there. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Shaltna, can you open the Package Manager from the Windows menu and scroll down to the Unity Collaborate listing to see if the package has been installed?

3. Shaltna

Shaltna

It has been installed.
    upload_2020-8-31_10-24-42.png

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Great, and there's no Collab Toolbar button next to the Services Window button at the top of the Editor? (The Services Window button looks like a cloud). Is there no Collab option in the Windows menu?

5. Shaltna

Shaltna

upload_2020-8-31_11-4-45.png
    I'm not entirely sure if this is what you were talking about.
    upload_2020-8-31_11-6-6.png

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

My mistake, I'm referring to the Window menu at the top of the screen. You should see a Collaborate option there. If you don't, then open the Package Manager and see if the Unity Collaborate package has been installed.
    Snip20200831_16.png

7. Shaltna

Shaltna

I do not have the Collaborate choice under Window even though I do have Unity Collaborate package installed. upload_2020-9-1_12-0-23.png

8. Shaltna

Shaltna

What do I do now?

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's very bizarre! Have you tried restarting the Unity Editor? Do you see any Collab package-related error messages in the Console? They could be keeping it from compiling, which would result in the Collab button and window menu option to not appear.

10. Shaltna

Shaltna

I have tried restarting- multiple times now and there are no console errors pertaining to Unity Collaborate. upload_2020-9-2_14-26-4.png

11. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I see that you have some compiler errors related to UGUI. Can you try resolving those conflicts for that, and any other package errors? That should allow the Collaborate package to compile so that you can use it.

12. Shaltna

Shaltna

I tried to fix the UGUI errors, but the folder it is in is immutable. What is that? ...And what can I do to fix this so that the file can be altered or fixed?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  13. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Immutable means that the files cannot be modified, but I'm not sure why that is. I would recommend asking in the UGUI forum for the reason behind these errors. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.