Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.1.0b14 takes a ridiculous amount of time to reload.

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Igotlazy, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Igotlazy

Igotlazy

I've so far experienced this with every version of 2020.1 beta on my machine. Loading up the Editor takes over a minute. I save a script? 30 seconds until I can start clicking anything. Clicking the play button? 25 second wait. I try to build the project? Can't as every single time I open the Build settings tab I get stuck in a never ending loop of GUIView.RepaintAll.PlayerLoopController.

Every. Single. Time.

I have no idea what is causing the long load times. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I recently downloaded the 2020.1 specific Newtonsoft.Json package, and it's currently the only reason I am using this beta.

2. Wawruch2

Wawruch2

Yes, I have the same issues, using terrain is especially painfull cause every click means 20 seconds of loop load GUIView.RepaintAll, and I'm currently on 2020.2a so there are no changes.

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

You can check with the Profiler if it's caused by user-code, 3rd party plugins or Unity.
    • Open Profiler "Window > Analytics > Profiler"
    • Switch the drop-down from "Playmode" to "Editor".
    • Change the drop-down from "Timeline" to "Hierarchy" in the bottom panel.
    • Hit the "Record" button
    • Do whatever takes 20 seconds
    • You should see a gigantic spike in the Profiler and need you need quickly hit the "Record" button to stop the Profiler.
    • In the CPU graph select the peak
    • In the Hierarchy panel expand the all the nodes with the highest cost
    ... this should lead you to the cause.

If it's not showing what's causing it, you can enable the "Deep Profile" button and repeat the above steps. Deep Profile is significantly slower, but collects more data.

If it's caused by Unity code, please submit a bug-report:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

LeonhardP likes this.
  4. Aeonic

Aeonic

2020.1.17 needs 2 minutes to load tutorial project with 300 lines of code and 3 meshes... sometimes it skips "importing" and is quicker.