Search Unity

1. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice

2020.1.0b11 Unresponsive and Extremely Choppy In Play Mod

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Aggressor, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Aggressor

Aggressor

I was experiencing an error

task.rasterData.vertexBuffer == NULL

And this was supposedly fixed in unity 2020 so I did an update.

However after updating the project, its completely unplayable. When I press play the game runs at 1 frame every few seconds. When I re-open the project with Unity 2019.3.5f1 the game runs fine again.

When running 2020 the editor is completely unresponsive and the game is unplayable:I can't click or inspect anything. When I look in the task manager I don't see abnormal CPU usage. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers (I have 2 1080 tis in SLI and 32 gb of ram so I know this is not a computer issue).

I will not be able to share this project (or re-create a sample) how else can I share information that can lead to a resolution or find out whats wrong? I was going to file a bug report but since I can't attach anything I wanted to post here and see if theres some steps I can take to find what might be causing this. Note I have turned off all services (including Collab) which I read could cause slowdowns but it had no effect.

2. valentingurkov

valentingurkov

3. Aggressor

Aggressor

I too am using Odin quite heavily I will try this

4. Aggressor

Aggressor

Wow. Resetting the layout to factory reset DID work....

5. Aggressor

Aggressor

I am filing bug report and referring to these two posts

6. Aggressor

Aggressor

However. after resuming a few times issue reappears. I will not be using this beta anymore its too unstable.

unityunity