Search Unity

2019a11 Cinemachine doesn't see Timeline namespace

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by taylank, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

ah! I just remembered. In CM 2.6 there is no Cinemachine.Timeline namespace. Just change your script to not use it.

2. Fabraz

Fabraz

Ah, that would explain it, thanks. I was accesing it for the cinemachine timeline track, assigning the brain reference at startup (since the camera is spawned in on scene start). Where are those classes now?

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

They are not in a namespace any more

4. Fabraz

Fabraz

Gotcha. My intellisense was thrown off with the update so I missed that, I'll try revising the scripts with that in mind, thanks!

5. Mahallon

Mahallon

I am trying to upgrade a project from Unity 2018.3 to 2019.4 the old project worked on the Vive Focus with VRTK, Bolt, and Zenject. The hope in upgrading is to be able to get the project to run on a Pico Neo headset. There is a GitHub repository for support for the Pico headsets on VRTK but it, and the PicoVR SDK, require Unity 2019.4

I am using 2019.4.34f
    I am getting the "'Timeline' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" Error.
    I have tried all the modifications to the packages manifest.json in this thread (timeline 0.0.0-builtin and 1.0.0 with and without the staging modifier at the top)
    I have also tried updating the timeline via the package manager to 1.2.18 , 1.3.0 and the latest 1.6.3.
    I have also updated Cinemachine to its latest version.
    I have also tried Help -> Reset Packages to Defaults.

I have also tried (from what I understand of the latest few comments in this thread) taking out the using UnityEngine.Timeline from the files that are referencing it as it is no longer in a namespace?!?. Many of those files include references to TrackAsset, TrackColor, TrackClipType, TrackBindingType, ClipCaps, and ITimelineClipAsset. If I take out the using statement all of those references now give me errors and intellisense tells me to add a reference to the Timeline.dll. The Scripting API documentation for the 2019 version of unity says that TrackAssets and ClipCaps do not exist... Is there something that I am missing or is there no way to upgrade this project easily?

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What files are generating the errors?
    You should definitely update both CM and Timeline to the latest version in the package manager. Normally they play nicely together.
    Do you have a local asmdef file? If so, you possibly need to add Timeline to it.
    You might try deleting the Library folder in your project and re-launching Unity.

7. Mahallon

Mahallon

Hey Gregoryl Thanks for the reply!

the project is not using assembly definition files that I can find. I will try and delete the Library folder and re-launching,

8. Mahallon

Mahallon

Hey Gregoryl

Deleting the Library folder and re-launching took forever but it did get some of the errors to go away as it seemed that there was still a lingering connection to the UnityEngine.Timeline namespace/dll that is no longer there. It did not get rid of all of the errors though.

I am still getting the type or namespace 'ITimelineClipAsset' 'ClipCaps' 'TrackAsset' could not be found in a lot of scripts such as
    MonoBehaviourEnabledClip.cs
    EventClip.cs
    NavMeshAgentControlClip.cs
    GameObjectEventTrack.cs
    TimeMachineClip.cs
    and many others classes as well. I thought I read something somewhere about those classes not existing in 2019.4 but I'm not able to find wherever I read that at the moment. If that is the case how can I update those classes or are they obsolete and I can get rid of them?

9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies