Search Unity

2019 with LWRP only renders left eye on Rift

Discussion in 'VR' started by CWatsonT2, Mar 7, 2019.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

I found that if you enabled MockHMD and are on the Android platform it will mess up.
    Switching to PC in build settings fixes the issue.

2. Durgam22

Durgam22

Anybody figure it out in 2020 ??, I have the same issue here

3. patarok

patarok

For what its worth, I'll share my experiences here:
    I had nearly the same problem, I dont remember QUITE fully how that phenomena worked out in my development setup, but I do remember, that for me it was JUST ONE OBJECT rendered only on one eye, but not on the other one, while the rest of the environment rendered on both eyes,
    all I did to fix this, was:
    - removing the rig,
    - removing the object(it was the right hand AFAIR and i removed both hands) that did not render,
    - cleared caches, quit unity.
    - restart unity
    - reattached/added the rig and hands with all the sripts
    --- and WALA ;) ... it worked again and everything rendered just right.
    I guess unity sometimes behaves just like android studio,
    where often, to fix some ""heisenbug"" (or lets call it a hiccup)
    you'll just say "clear caches and restart"
    but i guess IN UNITY you should also try to remove the objects/prefabs, that are directly hooked up to yoour problem, and try to reattach them after clearing caches and restarting.
    (it worked for me like that)
    Caching.ClearCache;
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Caching.ClearCache.html

4. a_loupas

a_loupas

In Unity 2020.3.23 we changed from Mutlipass to Singlepass and back to it and the device renders only to one eye no matter what.

I have just noticed that this bug didnt appear in Unity 2020.3.18. I downloaded a clean version from Plastic, opened it with .18 and worked. Then upgraded to .23 and the problem appeared. If I downgrade from .23 to .18 the problem persists.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    xCraftRayX likes this.
  5. xCraftRayX

xCraftRayX

That same problem, 2020.3.11f1 to -> 2020.3.25f1 and only work right eye. To solve it I backed to version 2020.3.11f1 and removed Library directory to regenerate.

6. SuperScience

SuperScience

I'm running into this same problem.
    It looks almost like the lighting is being applied TWICE in the Right Eye, and NEVER in the left eye.
    That is to say, I get a very bright glare/reflection from light sources on the Right and no glare/reflection at-all on the Left Eye.
    Anybody found a fix? We're supposed to ship a demo for Steam NEXT Fest in the next few days, but right now I'd consider this un-shippable.
    Any way to record what each eye is seeing too? It might be helpful for folks trying to debug this if they can see the problem.
    Thanks!

7. Dylan_Karsak

Dylan_Karsak

I believe I have found the cause of this issue.

Using the deferred renderer seems to cause the headset to only render lighting in one eye, by the looks of it. I could be wrong. I switched back to the forward rendering path and then switched the project settings to return to single-pass instanced and now it works just fine, I have expected results in both eyes.

It seems that post-processing has no effect, which is what I thought at first. It's a huge shame since I honestly wanted the deferred renderer really badly, maybe it's not supported yet or this is a bug. I hope it's a bug so we can get it back soon.